how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alphaotoko9

join:2006-06-08
Indianapolis, IN

SBG6580 Residential Gateway Login

I'm trying to access the web interface of a SBG6580, It's brand new straight out of the box. admin and motorola do not work. Tried a hard reset, same problem.

Thanks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:141

You should have been provided with the login information when it was installed. If not you will need to call your local office (not NHD) and have them provide it to you. What exactly do you want to change in the setup?

alphaotoko9

Indianapolis, IN

I called and was able to get the password. I'm kind of a power user and I prefer that my SSID not be SBG6800BLAHBLAH. Additionally, I needed to port forward my remote desktop and some other apps.

Having a new problem now though. Modem will not connect, status indicates that network access is DENIED. Tier 3 said that it was likely because the work order was not checked in and that I now have to wait until 8am to call and make sure dispatch has it checked in.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:141

said by alphaotoko9:

I called and was able to get the password. I'm kind of a power user and I prefer that my SSID not be SBG6800BLAHBLAH. Additionally, I needed to port forward my remote desktop and some other apps.

Having a new problem now though. Modem will not connect, status indicates that network access is DENIED. Tier 3 said that it was likely because the work order was not checked in and that I now have to wait until 8am to call and make sure dispatch has it checked in.

No you don't - repost this thread in our direct forums and include in that post your modem MAC and region and let me see what I can do.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

alphaotoko9

Indianapolis, IN

Copy that, I'll get a new thread open in a couple minutes. Thanks.