Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AstroBoy

join:2008-08-08
Parkville, MD
reply to IllIlIlllIll

Re: I would perfer a retail DVD/Blu-ray

I am referring to the article. So I am looking forward to getting retail disks from RedBox. I do like the extras, sometimes.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by AstroBoy:

I am referring to the article. So I am looking forward to getting retail disks from RedBox. I do like the extras, sometimes.

if they plan on carrying the discs that have all the features and extra content without the stupid 10 minute coming attractions and "how piracy is bad" commercials, then that is a big plus since most newer home disc players wont let you skip that sh_t to begin with and youre forced to wait it out.
all the more one reason why i prefer streaming over renting, because of the annoying 10 minute coming attractions and advertisements you cant skip (on newer players) before you can even get to the dvd menu to start the movie.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

said by IllIlIlllIll:

because of the annoying 10 minute coming attractions and advertisements you cant skip (on newer players) before you can even get to the dvd menu to start the movie.

Im not sure what you mean by that, it has been a long time I have played a movie in a DVD player (new and old) that I have not been able to hit STOP, STOP, PLAY on and have it go directly to the start of the movie.

Are you implying that this "feature" has been removed from new players?

Twaddle

@sbcglobal.net

My Samsung BLuRay player does not allow me to skip through the 10 minutes of Previews and commentary at the beginning of the movies rented from NetFlix. Haven't purchased a Bluray at retail so don't know if a retail version is different. Anyone out there that can verify?

MalibuMaxx
Premium
join:2007-02-06
Chesterton, IN
reply to Skippy25

PS3 don't let you skip sometimes... luckily they can't past the 128x Foward Fast...

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by MalibuMaxx:

PS3 don't let you skip sometimes... luckily they can't past the 128x Foward Fast...

now that you mentioned it, it wont be long until their devs see it and push another dumb update to the PS3 that eliminates it
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to Skippy25

It's commands embedded in the ifo's that prevent players from skipping or fast forwarding.

So unless you had a dvd that had alternate firmware (Google Apex660) or younhad dvds you downloaded younwere solution.