share rss forum feed

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
reply to thender

Re: Belkin N150 router lag problem.

From your description it sounds like your N150 is besieged with interference from overcrowding wireless emitters.

The simplest thing you can try is to try different placement locations for your N150 ... Best placement is very high up and centrally located --- for example in a 2 story home the 2nd story and central as possible [top of the stairs and near the ceiling] -- and if that is not convenient play with what you can. The other thing try is to set the channels either 1 or 6 or 11 that may help.

If your using wireless keyboards/mouse and Bluetooth in close proximity to your N150 that also will cause the kind of problems you're experiencing.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
join:2009-01-01
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

I use a bluetooth headset. I tried disabling it, same problem. I am limited in where I can put the wireless router, but tried a few other positions nearby.

I've never had this problem with my actiontec router that had wifi that I used before I had to switch over to the modem/router combo with no wifi. I also have no problem connecting to the neighboring store next door's wireless router(they have the same actiontec router/dsl modem I used to have).

I have tried upgrading its firmware, moving it around, and went through the settings to disable the firewall, try G vs. N, try different channels, try it unencrypted. At this point, I'm left to assume it's a piece of junk.
--
Macbook Screen Repair

Macbook LCDs for sale.

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium
join:2009-01-01
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to mozerd

The WRT54GL came today. I learned my lesson on cheaping out because I wanted something local. It is better to buy right the first time.

It works perfectly right out of the box, even though I had it placed under a radiator 3 rooms away! No more random 125 ms latency spikes regardless of channel, no more packetloss or lag.