uniqs
share rss forum feed

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

US Cellular is a well liked company here

They have good family plans and rate well in customer service.

The knock on them has been they have less devices/choices and a slower network.

Looks like they are fixing that. Definitely give AT&T a run for their money, which is a good thing.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

I've had US Cell for years..great customer service (imagine that), never calls dropped (i can use my phone in a basement behind 1' concrete wall), and lower bills. Thier "3G" sucks...though. My question is, when they finally build a real network, will they keep lower rates, or will they pretend to be big kids on the block and collude in pricing with the Deathstar and others?
--
"Thanks for the dance... and cut yourself a slice'a throat! "
- Curly (HOI POLLOI, 1935)

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

I hope they stay how they are now, with good plans.

We need companies like US Cellular or else all we're going to have is AT&T and Verizon (eventually).
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
reply to S_engineer

Question is, will their LTE network be comparable to MetroPCS or more to at&t/verizon? Will it be as good or better than at&t or t-mobile's 3g?

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

said by chgo_man99:

Question is, will their LTE network be comparable to MetroPCS or more to at&t/verizon? Will it be as good or better than at&t or t-mobile's 3g?

MetroPCS's LTE is actually pretty good... it's still significantly faster than 3G.