Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to 25139889

Premium Member

to 25139889
said by 25139889:

Are they CDMA or GSM?

They are CDMA, a roaming partner of Sprint and Verizon.

Pretty decent service up here, although Maine is one of their heavily invested markets. Seems like there is US Cellular stores everywhere. Not to mention ads and signs. Looking at their coverage maps for LTE, they have Maine fairly well covered which is impressive.

I helped my girlfriend get their service and there phone selection was really lacking for power users, but she really didnt need much. Their plans have you roam on Verizon EVDO outside of their native coverage areas across the country. International roaming sucks. Overall not bad.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

would be a great partner for Sprint then if their CDMA and clearly have the $$$ to build out a new network.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to swintec

to swintec
They need to get rid off regional Maine plan. What $5 makes a difference, when long distance rate is insane $1 per minute?

Instead lower 450 min nationwide plan or bump up minutes.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by chgo_man99:

They need to get rid off regional Maine plan. What $5 makes a difference, when long distance rate is insane $1 per minute?

mainers are finicky people. When I go into "Think like a true mainer" mentality, the plan makes sense. Think: entire families live in the same town / area.For "normal" people, I agree though the plan makes little sense and now I wonder how exactly it came about and why not other state has it.