Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sodar79

join:2007-05-03
Cleveland, OH

Enter Network Password Windows Security

downloadDoc1.docx.zip 207,862 bytes
I have 2 computers hooked up to the same internet. I have a desktop pc and a netbook both running windows 7. I was able to access shared files from one computer on the other. Now when I go into the network I can see both computers, but when I click on the computer I want access to it asks me for a network password and username, something I have never set up. Can anyone help? I am open to either fixing this, or deleting it and starting over. I have attached a print screen to show what I am referring to.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
Try one of the local username / passwords on the PC you're trying to access.

Regards

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to sodar79
That's a windows thing, rather than a network issue. If you are still having problems, post in the Microsoft forum.

If you have setup the server (the computer where the files are physically located) to share to all users without a password, then choosing "guest" as the username on the other system might work. Otherwise, you need a username and password that works on the server.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.1; firefox 9.0.1

sodar79

join:2007-05-03
Cleveland, OH
reply to sodar79
So far none of these have helped. Last week I was able to access both computers, now I can't and cannot print from the netbook, very frustrating.