Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

[Rant] Cheap Chinese crap on ebay

Dear China sellers...

1280x1024 is not full 1080P, 1920x1080.

When you give a model #, don't send a fake.

A $60 camera is not a $4 gift for customs purposes.

If you're going to send me a tracking #, make sure that you're actually putting a tracking label on the box. It's hard for you to prove that I received the item otherwise.

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium Member
join:2003-11-30
Minden, NV

macsierra8

Premium Member

Sounds like you learned a lesson..

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
Ebay is a great place for cheap china crap.
You cant get deals on used or new stuff since stupid bidders love to bid more than what the item costs brand new.

You can buy perfectly functional cables, electronics, etc for bottom dollar instead of having them insanely marked up by some 3rd party company like best buy or walmart.

I got ripped off on china crap before, but that was buy some dumb person in atlanta flashing 2gb mp3 players with hack firmware so they said 8gb.
If you tried to copy anything to it after 2gb was full only the file name would be listed, but no actual file was there.

For fake stuff just get your money back with a paypal dispute or a charge back of your CC.
As for declaring a $60 camera as $4 who care?? It just means a lower price for you.
CTMustang
Premium Member
join:2007-09-10
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
Did you buy a dash cam?? I ran into the same thing and kept demanding a refund. In the end I got a 50% refund which was a fair resolution IMO.

I really only needed 720p resolution, but the camera was labeled 1080p and had that wacky resolution. It took me a few emails, but I threatened with negative feedback and a paypal dispute. They tried to get me to send it back. I refused.

Finally they said "ok 32 bucks back" and i said "deal"

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium Member
join:2003-11-30
Minden, NV

macsierra8 to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
If you are going to buy from China on E-Bay check things out first. Seller feedback is the main issue, look at amounts of each item sold and customer feedback. The link below is a CCTV camera, I bought 2 of these about 3 years ago for around $220 each. These were selling in the US for $1800 with nearly identical components.

I've since recommended this item to friends who have bought them. This seller and another seller who are really the same company have sold over 2000 of these on E-Bay shipped to the US.

Video shops in the USA buy thousands of these for resale from the same sellers you see on E-Bay.

»www.ebay.com/itm/1403581 ··· 2wt_1180

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium Member
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

RonS to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
What makes me the most upset is when you click on "USA only" and still get Chinese sellers. I give a negative just for that even if I get the item I ordered and it works fine.
mrdarrin
join:2012-02-21

mrdarrin to jjoshua

to jjoshua
Well, I hope you've learned your lesson this time. If it's cheap and made in china it usually means run like hell.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

1 edit

jjoshua

Premium Member

You want to see a scam? Check this out...

»www.ebay.com/sch/beadsfo ··· y/m.html

Same guy was selling the same items using a different id yesterday before ebay shut them down.

Edit: User has been bounced by ebay.

Razzy12345
@rr.com

Razzy12345 to jjoshua

Anon

to jjoshua
Only buy from power sellers.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

said by Razzy12345 :

Only buy from power sellers.

Or just only use a real credit card (not a debit) for all online purchases so if you get screwed you get your money back no matter what.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

+1
nesmir
join:2012-02-14

nesmir

this is probably not as relevant but I saw once this hoodie on ebay, looked really good, loose and comfortable exactly the way I like it. so I bought it and when I opened the package..it was like..almost a baby size. meh.