uniqs

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to epsilon3

Premium Member

to epsilon3

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

Uh yeah the fee is not "hidden" it's right on the DSL page.
ForeverBlind
join:2003-11-27
Mississauga, ON

ForeverBlind

People who are already on DSL6 wouldn't have any reason to visit the DSL page so the $1.50 thing is definitely sneaky.
sppena
join:2007-06-08
Toronto

sppena

you can say that again! I would love to go to cable but I believe my location is already saturated and the low upload is not helping either
Velix
join:2007-06-08
La Prairie, QC

Velix to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

Uh yeah the fee is not "hidden" it's right on the DSL page.

These new fees were NOT announced 30 days ago, period.
Check it out for yourself.
»www.teksavvy.com/en/newp ··· ice.html

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Also says "Prices are not final and are subject to change"

Marc also commented in the other thread: »New prices and fees?

It's a fee for new accounts which is probably why no notice was sent out to existing subs.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Velix

Premium Member

to Velix
This is only for the higher speeds where we are forced to use Bell's modem. It's another pass-through... That we have to use their modem is absurd but if we want to offer it that's what we have to do.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

It's a fee for new accounts which is probably why no notice was sent out to existing subs.

That's correct..
velocity7
join:2009-05-20

velocity7

So if I I'm on DSL 6 and I'm interested in going to DSL 25, will I have to pay the $8/month fee?
BigBenBeaub
join:2011-11-22

BigBenBeaub to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc , the new prices for cable in Quebec are coming out today right ?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to velocity7

Premium Member

to velocity7
any option that Bell requires us to use their modem.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to BigBenBeaub

Premium Member

to BigBenBeaub
said by BigBenBeaub:

Very soon.
velocity7
join:2009-05-20

velocity7 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
So it would seem that if I'm going from DSL 6 to DSL 25, I have to pay the fee... it would have been really nice to know this minor detail so I would have ordered DSL 25 300 GB well beforehand or something.
BigBenBeaub
join:2011-11-22

BigBenBeaub to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by BigBenBeaub:

Very soon.

very soon mean today right ?
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by BACONATOR26:

That's correct..

So just to be very clear, the $8/month modem rental fee only applies to new sign ups, and not to existing customers?

atmx093
join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC

1 edit

atmx093 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
"Very soon"???????

I don't want the same old cryptic answer, give me something CONCRETE.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to BigBenBeaub

to BigBenBeaub
quote:
very soon mean today right ?
I would like to know this as well, I am 100% signing up to a cable sub today.

Please save me the aggravation of checking this site only to grow more frustrated your baffling neglect of providing information to your Quebec subscribers.

I know you have much bigger things on your plate but the whole situation could have been handled better.
malocite
join:2004-05-24
Hamilton, ON

malocite to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
So we can buy our own modem? I'm not happy either. I tried to order this a month ago to have it future dated they said no. I called again a few days ago, again no. Also no mention of this 8 dollar modem rental fee at any point.

I love teksavvy, and hate bell, and this little bit of creative marketing actually had me looking at Arcanac's website today as well as Primus ( who both apparently don't have anything over 5 meg... boo urns...) and even Bell...

And I'm a fanboy...

This was not well done. You guys just CAN'T do this so soon after the Tim Horton's cup fiasco... I still can't figure out what coffee I want....

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by malocite:

....You guys just CAN'T do this so soon after the Tim Horton's cup [size/name] fiasco... I still can't figure out what coffee I want....

Could THAT be what's got TSI's folks making decisions like today's ?

Sh00t, it used to be mostly WOMEN who might not know their proper 'Cup Size' !

[Dave DUCKs to avoid flying Tim-Bits]

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by BACONATOR26:

That's correct..

I assume that you guys will be pulling every one of your print ads on billboards / buses, etc given that the statement " no hidden fees" is no longer accruate given that the $1.50 "network charge" is not stated anywhere on the ads. I can see the CRTC fine coming your way... much like what happened to bell.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

I haven't seen a TekSavvy ad on a bus or anywhere for that matter for around two months now. I used to see them on TTC buses and streetcars all the time.
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

16 Mbps VDLS2

said by TSI Marc:

any option that Bell requires us to use their modem.

However, as mentioned, some TSI customers are getting Cellpipes from Bell for 16/1 service, and the techs are installing them with the appropriate VDSL2 16/1 profiles.

Are they going to get charged $8 per month too?

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli to creed3020

Premium Member

to creed3020

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

said by creed3020:

I haven't seen a TekSavvy ad on a bus or anywhere for that matter for around two months now. I used to see them on TTC buses and streetcars all the time.

Ellesmere and vic park bus shelter - yesterday

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to creed3020

Premium Member

to creed3020
They cant afford it , they're broke.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to Gimli

Premium Member

to Gimli
said by Gimli:

said by creed3020:

Hmm, didn't drive through that area. I just went by Vic Park and Finch this morning. I don't always go that far south. Good to know that some ads are still out there. I used to see the ads daily on TTC buses that run E-W on Steeles.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by creed3020:

said by Gimli:

said by creed3020:

Hmm, didn't drive through that area. I just went by Vic Park and Finch this morning. I don't always go that far south. Good to know that some ads are still out there. I used to see the ads daily on TTC buses that run E-W on Steeles.

Maybe STOP-SELL leads to STOP ADVERTS.

I would have too, if I was TSI.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Maybe STOP-SELL leads to STOP ADVERTS.

I would have too, if I was TSI.

That is a good point because there is a stop sell on McNicoll and Markham POI which are the closest POIs to the Warden & Steeles area. I, however, doubt that level of coordination is the reason for less ads as the decision was probably financial or that ad campaign expired.

Chuck sTruck
@teksavvy.com

Chuck sTruck to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
I'm sure a bulk buy of compatible vdsl modems would solve everything as only a total fool would rent anything except a house in Canada while the housing market crashes.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by Chuck sTruck :

I'm sure a bulk buy of compatible vdsl modems would solve everything as only a total fool would rent anything except a house in Canada while the housing market crashes.

But can you use your own DSL modem? That is the question.

Chuck sTruck
@teksavvy.com

Chuck sTruck

Anon

We don't know yet. Of course if you're with Bell even if you owned a compatible vdsl modem Bell would still charge you when they drop free modem rentals in a years' time. It should be up to Teksavvy, a vdsl modem usually costs between 100 and 125 dollars. It has to be compatible with the given dslam you're on.
pallo
join:2011-12-01
canada

pallo to geokilla

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

But can you use your own DSL modem? That is the question.

You should be able to use something like this Zyxel vdsl2 modem but like Eug said, it won't have the special firmware that's found on the Bell cellpipe.