spc
Search similar:

uniqs
verix
join:2004-12-30
Oakland, CA

verix

Call record software for Gmail

As a follow-up to this thread, I was wondering if anyone knows of third-party call recording software that works with Gmail?

Gmail has only inbound call recording, and I need to record outbound calls. It would be a temporary solution until I setup my PBX to work with IPKall.

If you use Google Voice to call your Chat widget in Gmail, you will see the record button. But it does not function.

If you know how to setup Audacity to do this, please post some steps. I spent hours on it but was never successful! My audio device supports stereo mix.

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

mgraves1

Premium Member

Vemotion (»www.voiceemotion.com/) works with any Windows soft phone, even browser based stuff. It records the inbound and outbound call legs to separate tracks (L, R).

It's use in podcasting was part of something I wrote a while back;

»www.mgraves.org/2010/05/ ··· podcast/
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to verix

to verix
This is cumbersome, but it works. You may be able to automate most or all of the process using Wireshark's scripting features, or a general Windows automation app.

Start a Wireshark capture (on the interface you are using to connect to the Internet). If capturing on a Wi-Fi interface, you may need to turn off promiscuous mode. Make your call. Stop the capture. Select one of the many consecutive UDP packets -- chosing one sent from your PC. Right-click and choose Decode As. Select UDP Both ports as RTP, click OK. Select Telephony->RTP->Stream Analysis. Click Save payload. Set Format to .au, Channels to both (if desired), choose a folder and filename, click OK.
verix
Oakland, CA

verix

Thank you, mgraves and Stewart! I shall try them both.
Expand your moderator at work
verix

verix

Re: Call record software for Gmail

Any other convenient methods for recording calls?

The vEmotion trial seems to work okay. I'd pay to register it but it's a bit out of my price range at $20. I'm a little surprised at the lack of alternatives.

Basically, it seems there are three options to get proper call recording using GV or Gmail:

1. Unlimited DID and 3CXPhone (easy, monthly fee)
2. IPKall, PBX server and 3CXPhone (hard, free)
3. vEmotion registered (easy, one-time cost)
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

DaveSin

I'm not sure if it it is worth the one time cost to you, but if you use the OBi1xx, with GV setup on SP1 or SP2, you can record the call whether inbound or outbound by signing into its Web Interface and click on Calls Status and then record during the conversation.
said by verix:

Any other convenient methods for recording calls?

The vEmotion trial seems to work okay. I'd pay to register it but it's a bit out of my price range at $20. I'm a little surprised at the lack of alternatives.

Basically, it seems there are three options to get proper call recording using GV or Gmail:

1. Unlimited DID and 3CXPhone (easy, monthly fee)
2. IPKall, PBX server and 3CXPhone (hard, free)
3. vEmotion registered (easy, one-time cost)

Expand your moderator at work
verix
Oakland, CA

verix to DaveSin

to DaveSin

Re: Call record software for Gmail

Thanks DaveSin. I may just get an OBi to play around with.

I actually tried setting up 3CX Phone System about a month ago on a home server. As a complete newbie, I couldn't get it to work. Incoming rings were received, but the audio would not be connected. Does anyone know of a Windows PBX server easier to setup than 3CX? Preferably free.