Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC
reply to Immer

Re: [PvE] Blizzard Raid UI

I use X-Perl for all my raid frames and player frames. I also have Healbot active mainly for my healing toons, but I have it active for all my toons for all specs. Not only is it awesome for healing, but it monitors everyone's debuffs quite well. I can see when tanks have CD's active, when a pally uses a "Hand of ..." on someone, and when tutoring healers I can monitor their spells. Another thread has my rave post about DBM-spelltimers, it works quite well in conjuction with watching Tank CD's in Healbot. But my issue with both of these frame addons is that I haven't been able to figure out how to show raid roles on either of them, so I still have default raid frames active as well. Having a screen resolution of 5040x1050 helps :P

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Immer
I use Vudhoo and Grid. I could probably ditch Grid but I like having it in the corner where i've made it tiney as an easy way to quickly target another raid member with just a left click. I could get Vuhdoo to do this, but I've got all my mouse buttons assigned to spells so would have use a modifier.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to drew
I occasionally have this same issue with the default raid ui. Or clicking on one person will select someone totally different. My personal "favorite" is when the MT/OT/MA target gets stuck, so you have no idea what they're actually targeting.

A quick /reload - the "ui" is apparently no longer needed - and it's fixed, but that's not exactly something you want to have to do all the time. I've noticed it having more issues as of late - but there's a lot of zone changing happening in DS, and I think that's part of what's causing an issue. Especially the target mixup one.

I just want something simple, and with minimal setup. Sadly, most of the raidframe addons I've found either are *too* simple, or take a lot of setup. I have suf installed for party, so I might give it another go for raid frames.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

mmmhmmm

@sbcglobal.net
I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC
said by mmmhmmm :

I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

I was under the impression that "set focus" didn't work on any addon and you had to use "/focus". I've read reports that apparently it does work for some addons, but I'm an xperl user, I've been using "/focus".

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
best to use a macro for setting the focus, IMO