how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to djrobx

Re: why Metered BB will fail

I think those companies don't mind the state calibrating their meters for free. They don't intentionally overcharge because it would eventually get them in trouble anyway, but unnoticed undercharging could really hurt them because their product actually costs them $/unit.

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

1 edit

said by Wilsdom:

I think those companies don't mind the state calibrating their meters for free. They don't intentionally overcharge because it would eventually get them in trouble anyway, but unnoticed undercharging could really hurt them because their product actually costs them $/unit.

Sorry to say.. But that's a great way to put it if you don't know what you're talking about..

Rogers is actually are coming out with a propaganda "report" that contradicts the OECD report.. haha

»business.financialpost.com/2012/···Comments

--
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."-Malcolm X

DoubleM

@streamtheworld.com

So the LYA 'report' defines broadband as 128kbps or greater
the CRTC defines 128kbps as 'high speed' and broadband as 1.5mbps
oh and the OCED report defines broadband as 256kbps
OCED report also takes into account modem rental fees plus they don't include bundle prices ('preselection')

The LYA report is peppered with praise for Rogers as well as excuses why its lagging in some respects.
It boggles my mind how they came up with this average price, the cheapest solution Rogers offers is higher than the average, meanwhile the LYA praises Rogers as being the largest ISP in the country. So largest ISP + $35 minimum plan = $33 average

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to Wilsdom

That's true. However, the product they pay for is speed. The technical term is bandwidth. Not to be confused with data. Whether there's data going through this bandwidth is irrelevant, the bandwidth costs them the same either way.