uniqs

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre
join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

2 edits

Oinktastic to oh LOOK

to oh LOOK

Re: OECD Report Wrong. Canada the Best for Internet and Price!

Average Rogers speed - 15.6Mbit
Rogers' Price per Mbit - $1.99

Therefore you'd think that the average Rogers price = speed * price = 15.6Mbit * $1.99/Mbit = $31.04... right?

BULL.... SHIT....

Their lowest-priced tier is $35.99. 'Splain that to me.... slowly...

(Hint: They took their fastest tier and used that to get the price - $99.99/50Mbit = $1.99/Mbit). Bunch of A-holes if you ask me...

Edit: And how on earth is the average broadband connection only ~$30/month? That's the MINIMUM around here...

Out of my local incumbents, both of their cheapest/basic packages are several dollars above the average price that was quoted in the report and the only incumbent I've found so far that offers anything around the average is Videotron for 5Gigs a month.
DSL_Ricer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-22

DSL_Ricer

Premium Member

From the looks of it, rogers gas a 10$ internet plan... for their phones. Does anybody have access to the full report (and is it detailed enough) to see if they are considering phone data plans in their broadband costs survey?

Bell was pulling that BS when they were quoting internet usage averages.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by DSL_Ricer:

From the looks of it, rogers gas a 10$ internet plan... for their phones. Does anybody have access to the full report (and is it detailed enough) to see if they are considering phone data plans in their broadband costs survey?

They also have an iPad flex plan that starts at $5. That includes....... 10MB! That's what, 2 webpages?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

said by DSL_Ricer:

They also have an iPad flex plan that starts at $5. That includes....... 10MB! That's what, 2 webpages?

Sometimes 3 !

Might as well MILK it.