how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

seanb

join:2012-02-02
Harvest, AL

[AL] Harvest AL, down 1-5 days a month.. this time 11 days

I'm paying a $242 cancellation fee to go back to Knology. My story with Mediacom started in May 2011, and within 3 weeks cancelled the TV in favor of DirectTV (awesome, btw). The SD channels were fine, but the HD must have lacked signal or bandwidth, as it's pixelate, freeze, and was infuriating to try to use. SD on 72" looked like poop.

So onto the reason I'm paying to leave!

First day down: Sunday January 29th, around 5:30PM (I was in a conference)
Today: Feb 2nd
Appointment for a tech: Feb 8th
Total days down: 10, best case

I called several times Jan 30th, hoping to get an earlier appointment, and was told that "an 8-5 spot just opened" for Feb 1st. To illustrate how much I need this online, I slept on my couch such as to hear the door bell, and my phone is my alarm clock, organizer, etc anyway, so it was by me.

Long story short, they never called. Never showed. I called numerous times throughout the day, just friendly checks. Starting @ 3:45, then every 1-2 hours thereafter. Finally after being told "it may be as late as 7" I called at 7:36 and they called dispatch, who told them "we tried to call 3 times." I verified the phone #, and said "well, not calling anybody a liar, but I live on this phone and I dont have any missed calls." That would have been where they say 'ok, our mistake' but they stuck to their story about calling, even adding "perhaps you block 800 numbers." Yea, thats what it is. On a phone that takes calls from Afghanistan to Germany, I'm screening numbers. No.

So here's my call log.
»x345.firegremlins.com/~seanb/med···ails.JPG
»x345.firegremlins.com/~seanb/med···one2.png

Red arrows are outgoing. Notice the last call? :P

If you live in Madison/Huntsville/Harvest, and you're shopping, DO NOT GO WITH MEDIACOM. They've been down 1-5 days a month, and as a result my 4G (unlimited) has gone as high as 22GB/month! If you use a 20Mbit connection to check email, maybe these guys are great and you can shave $10/m off your bill by not going with somebody else. If you expect to come home and browse, work, check stocks, or really do ANYTHING that you expect to be able to do daily, trust me.. go somewhere else.

Dave17

@comcast.net
quote:
Long story short, they never called. Never showed. I called numerous times throughout the day, just friendly checks. Starting @ 3:45, then every 1-2 hours thereafter. Finally after being told "it may be as late as 7" I called at 7:36 and they called dispatch, who told them "we tried to call 3 times." I verified the phone #, and said "well, not calling anybody a liar, but I live on this phone and I dont have any missed calls." That would have been where they say 'ok, our mistake' but they stuck to their story about calling, even adding "perhaps you block 800 numbers." Yea, thats what it is. On a phone that takes calls from Afghanistan to Germany, I'm screening numbers. No.
Yes I'm also serviced by this office (in Brownsboro/Maysville area specifically), and they have pulled that same crap on me on me several times. They've actually taken it a step further a couple times and told me someone came to the house and left notes on the door. Apparently they employ Ninja's with flash paper post-it's, cause such notes didn't exist, and I was home all day in a quite house on every occasion. I'm not sure if the problem is this office's local dispatch or the third party they contract their low level trouble calls out to, but yes, their service is consistently horrible. As you say, they also have (well known) issues with Digital/HD signals and outdated/oversold nodes that need updating and splitting--but continue to do nothing about it. They regularly struggle to deliver 1-3mbs internet speeds in my areas (and I'd assume most others as well) save for extreme off times. Anyone in this service area with access to Comcast/Knology would be a fool to switch to Mediacom.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117

1 recommendation

reply to seanb
Sean, I apologize for the issues you have had with the local techs. I would like to take a look at your account and make sure this is escalated to the local tech management. Please IM me your phone number or account when you have the opportunity.

mandog202

join:2010-06-26
Toney, AL
reply to seanb
I had a no call no show (or actually a show up, slow down by the driveway twice, then leave) about a month ago for a bad DVR, stood at the door and watched the van drive by, then come back, slow down, and drive off not to be seen again.

rrtideman

@mchsi.com
reply to seanb
I live in Harvest also. Same problem.
Currently I cannot recommend mediacom in this area.
I also am considering alternatives.
If mediacom does not value its Harvest customers then we will find another provider.