grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Sircolby450

to Sircolby450

Re: Anti-Satellite Dish Policy Proposed In Chicago

said by Sircolby450:

What is so hideous about a satellite dish?

Nothing. But 9 on the same roof - all visible from the street - really IS over the top.

//greg//

Sircolby450
join:2005-11-26

Sircolby450

said by grohgreg:

said by Sircolby450:

What is so hideous about a satellite dish?

Nothing. But 9 on the same roof - all visible from the street - really IS over the top.

//greg//

I don't really see why anybody would have 9 dishes unless it was an apartment complex or something. I still think telling people what they can put on their own house unless it is vulgar/obscene is overstepping their bounds. I personally don't want my tax dollars going to regulating such nonsense when there are millions of issues that are FAR more important. I don't think our country is going to go into ruin over a few satellite dishes. No wonder our government has a huge deficit. We waste it on crap like this. One by one we are letting these idiots running our country strip away our rights and waste our money on nonsense instead of actually doing something useful with it.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Hey, it's Illinois; one of the few states in the union where the population is declining. Citizens and corporations are fed up with exactly what you're talking about, and are voting with their feet.

But 9 dishes visible from the street on a single structure is still bone ugly. To enforce your suggestion to make renters take them down when they leave - pretty much necessitates at least a city ordinance. To get all the building owners/rental agents together to withhold rent/damage deposits until a dish is removed - would be akin to herding cats.

//greg//