spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rayik
join:2005-08-04
united state

rayik

[Business] Great Business HSI install experience

I've read a number of posts about HSI install problems. We had the exact opposite experience in every way.

We had Comcast residential HSI for the last year. We switched to Comcast business HSI. It was not due to the caps. (We did not go over the 250gb cap in any month.) Rather, business was $3 / month less expensive, we locked in the rate for 2 years and we could use our owned 6210 modem. (Also no caps was attractive.)

Ordered on Tuesday. We were told we would be allowed to use our owned Motorola 6120 modem (and thus not have to pay $7 modem rental fee). On Wednesday recieved call from Comcast scheduling install for Thursday with two hour time window.

Installer called within time window to say when he would be arrive. The installer did not have to do anything other than make a phone call to have HSI switched over to business. The installer was pleasant and courteous.

After he was done, I called business support. I requested a credit for the $99 install fee explaining that the installer simply had to make a phone call. After being on hold for about five minutes, the CSR advised me that since the installer used my existing modem and wiring, that Comcast would make an exception and credit the $99 install fee. (Only catch was that install was not "closed" and she requested I call back tomorrow when it would be "closed" and tell the CSR to reference the notes done by her which state credit to be given.)

I called residential HSI to confirm billing closed out. I was told the residential account was already closed out. We still had 7 days left on the billing period we had already paid for. Was told we would eventually recieve a pro-rata credit for that 7 days.

Latter recieved a call from the installer. He told me that he thought he brought his meter into our place and left it there. Looked in the basement where the modem was and sure enough it was there. We were able to return his courtesy by making sure he got his meter back.
voipnpots
join:2011-10-13
USA

voipnpots

It's nice to hear about a good experience. Honestly, I believe most people have good experiences with Comcast; it's probably just the ones who didn't that post. Is your business package faster than your residential package?
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to rayik

to rayik
We too also had a good business internet and phone install experience, it had all gone smooth, installer was friendly, no issue setting up the internet or 3 lines. Only issue I had was a activation fee that was supposed to be 24.95 got typo'd into 249.55, two dead end calls and then finally a call to the presidents office got that resolved.
rayik
join:2005-08-04
united state

rayik

Update - Call Business Customer Service this morning. CSR referenced the notes and was given a $99 "adjustment" on the spot.