uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil

Re: What about Dishnetwork?

said by Snakeoil:

Currently, if you are a paid subscriber, you can get your programming streamed over the internet from dishonline, or at home with your satellite receiver. Or if you have a sling box enabled receiver, you can stream from that over the internet.

Dish seems to be exploring different options for delivering what it provides, so could they be the one?

The point being you have to already be a Dish subscriber. Let me know when someone offers their service as an online only package.

HBO is making the same mistake with HBOGo and ESPN is messing up with WatchESPN.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

That is the rub. I bet Dish, and the cable companies would offer a split package deal. But the question is, would hollywood allow them to?
I think it's a mistake on hollywoods part, not to allow them to. I would love an internet only connection, where I wouldn't need a DVR. Just log into my providers site and start watching TV during the times that I want to. Granted, I'll still have to watch the ads, but at least it will be during the time I want to.
I very seldom watch programming when it is broadcasted. I'll watch it about 3 to 5 days later.

One reason why I am a fan of netflix.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

HBO is making the same mistake with HBOGo and ESPN is messing up with WatchESPN.

HBO didn't want to do it the way they are now. Originally HBOGO was "supposed" to be an independent subscription service, where you could circumvent the cable operators and pay HBO directly for their content.

When the cable companies got wind of this, they told HBO that if you do this, we will drop your channels from our systems. With that threat, HBOGO is now what you see today. You can only get it, IF you already subscribe to HBO through a supported provider.