spc
uniqs
McBain
join:2008-05-05
Le Roy, IL

McBain to roadboyIL

to roadboyIL

Re: [IL] Mediacom "speeds of up to 12 mpbs" not in Hey

Definitely follow IowaMan's advice and IM MediacomChad. I was also tempted to try Mediacom again (had service with them years ago). I contacted Chad about the utilization in my area of Le Roy and found there were issues. He said they should be resolved in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to check back around March.

If Frontier would just bump me up to 7.1 service I wouldn't even consider switching, but I've been told that is not available here in Le Roy. I can, however, sign up for a second 3 Mbs line, which makes no sense to me.
VTX1800N1
join:2010-12-06
Mahomet, IL

VTX1800N1

I think I know you from another forum. I would highly advise against returning to MC. I've been complaining about their poor speeds for THREE YEARS. Unfortunately, I do not have another choice for internet here, or I would have been gone long ago and never done business with MC again. This is my speed this morning:

I had MC for a year or two before the problems started. Then Mahomet expanded rapidly with new subdivisions going in in every direction. Mediacom continued to sell internet subscriptions and collect the bills without any increase in capacity. Mediacom knows they cannot possibly provide the service they have sold yet they continue to collect the bills. It is clear MC has no intention of splitting the nodes in order to provide what they have sold. I've even been told by phone techs that the problem is the equipment to split the node is expensive. I have to ask what the hell they are doing with all the payments they are collecting?