how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dakeshon

join:2010-02-09
Mckeesport, PA

Want to trade in boxes for newer boxes?

Hello, I currently have 5 set top boxes. 4 of them are Comcast DCT 2000 boxes which I would like to trade in for newer ones to I can use Universal ID and the Xfinity App. the 5th box is our HD boxes which I would like to trade in for a HD-DVR (which in included in our package). Would their be a cost to trade?

PS. One of the standard box has water damage, is this covered by insurance?

Thanks.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
they dont charge you to trade boxes, just take them to the local comcast office and they do trades there usually

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to dakeshon
you pay for dvr service yet dont have one?
--
I'm better than you!

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to dakeshon
Comcast doesn't charge for trading in boxes, but they will charge more for HD DVRs than they do for SD STBs.

There could be a fee for the water damaged STB.

dakeshon

join:2010-02-09
Mckeesport, PA
reply to dakeshon
@gar187er, when ordered we got the HD primer plan and my mom only ordered the HD box. Our plan does include HD DVR with fees and rental charges.

@Russ, if it isn't covered do you know how much it would cost?

Thanks.

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dakeshon
In my experience with the Danbury, CT Comcast office they don't charge or question anything. I would hope that would apply in your area too. I would bundle them up, maybe one at a time, and trade them in at your local office.

I just did trade my box in because I thought it might have a problem and they even gave me a new remote with it. I asked if I should have brought in the remote too and he said, No, we recycle them if you bring them in but we give out a new one when you trade in the box. Sounds a little wasteful to me but customer friendly to be sure.
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to dakeshon
said by dakeshon:

. . .

@Russ, if it isn't covered do you know how much it would cost?

Thanks.

There are several variables involved so it is hard to say if Comcast would charge for the water damaged STB. Comcast would have to decide there was negligence. If they do, they could charge up to the replacement cost for the STB.
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to Russ6
said by Russ6:

There could be a fee for the water damaged STB.

Correct. Better to not mention it.
--
PRescott7-2097