uniqs

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Ting is reselling Sprint service

One thing should be noted and that is Ting is just reselling Sprint service and will have the data coverage failings of Sprint outside major metro areas. Though the pricing and auto tier switching is a nice touch.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

1 recommendation

BiggA

Premium Member

This will be a much better deal when Network Vision comes through and deals with that....

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

1 recommendation

MovieLover76 to FFH5

to FFH5
The problems with sprint re sellers is that they often you only get to use sprint towers, no roaming on Verizon, which is what makes sprint's service usable nationwide
If you can roam to verizon and don't use a lot of data this could be a good deal.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

You can roam to Verizon for voice and SMS. Unfortunately, no data roaming. Quite true, Sprint's network is built to roam on Verizon, as there are obvious holes that Sprint feels are cheaper to keep there and roam than to fill in.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

Bottom line

said by ting:

Ting might treat you better, but we would not be cheaper than your current plan

Seems to say it all.

I hit 6Gb to 12Gb on Data on some months... they can't touch it and I am grandfathered in on Verizon @30.00 a month for unlimited data.

(pipes in MC Hammer, can't touch this)
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

An MVNO can't exactly tailor to highly abusive users.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to Veloslave

to Veloslave
once they begin throttling it after X gigabytes it won't be worth more than $10 a month, if anything. verizon learned to monetize data from AT&T's anti-competitive tactics so paying for unlimited really is paying for limited, they just thread the needle a different way.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

said by VIVID IMAGINATION :

once they begin throttling it after X gigabytes it won't be worth more than $10 a month, if anything. verizon learned to monetize data from AT&T's anti-competitive tactics so paying for unlimited really is paying for limited, they just thread the needle a different way.

Did you dream that up during a paranoid bad nights sleep or would you care to share a single shred of evidence?

(And FTR, in case it matters to anyone else suffering from delusional tel-com disorder) I do not use that kind of data all the time... most months are under a gig checking email but depending on the type of work or travel... I can really rack it up. I HAVE NEVER been subjected to, nor do I expect, any throttling. (And neither have some people's imaginations)

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
said by BiggA:

An MVNO can't exactly tailor to highly abusive users.

How do you abuse unlimited?
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

The MVNO has to pay per byte. In the US, we massively overpay for our cell phones just to have huge buckets of minutes and "unlimited" stuff, when we'd be much better off if we paid for what we actually used, but at a reasonable rate, like what Ting is doing.

DataRiker
Premium Member

1 recommendation

DataRiker

Premium Member

I'm just going to assume your replying to someone else as it has nothing to do with my question.

Frankly its a really slimy thing to do, sell people unlimited then call them abusers for using it.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

My point is Ting doesn't offer unlimited, and can't at a reasonable price, because they have to pay on a per byte basis to Sprint. Nothing is truly unlimited, even the local buffet.

DataRiker
Premium Member

3 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

Yes we know they don't offer unlimited.

Many do.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT