share rss forum feed

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to clone

Re: Fire Them

Do you even know what a wildcat strike is?

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

3 recommendations

Yes, and thanks for asking. Obviously you don't. This was NOT a wildcat strike. These workers are not the ones that unionized. A wildcat strike is one where union workers walk off the job without the approval of their union leaders. But thanks for the cup of smug, anyway, I needed one this morning.

Anyway, these are another group of workers who wish to unionize, so this would just be a work stoppage (and an extremely minimal one at that). Not to say that you can't be fired for that, but I am wholly on their side. It's about time workers started standing together again, instead of being run over slipshod by your precious "job creators".

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

said by clone:

This was NOT a wildcat strike.

Only in the technical sense that there is no legally recognized union. It is still an absence without authorization, and thus a fireable offense.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

2 recommendations

That's what I said.

However, calling it a "wildcat strike" is used by pro-corporate top 10% of the top 1% loving zealots just to be sensational. You are not part of their club, trust me, you're not. Stop defending them. It makes all of you look foolish.

Any balanced media would call it exactly what it is, a bunch of workers got rightfully pissed about the continuous shafting they get from megacorporations, and failed to show up for work on the same day.