spc
Search similar:

uniqs
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

WNDR3700 updates

I have a few questions about my WNDR3700 router and they are;
Is it possable to update the MiniDLNA program? Right now it is running MiniDLNA version 1.0.18 (from the latest Netgear firmware) and MiniDLNA is now up to version 1.0.23 according to that project's website.

As for the WNDR3700 firmware, I have found out it can run DD-WRT. What is that and what can it do compared to the official Netware firmware? If I upload the DD-WRT to the router and I don't like it can I put back on the original frimware?

I don't want to 'break' the router by messing up the system.

Rax
Premium Member
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY
·Verizon FiOS

Rax

Premium Member

According to DD-WRT you can put the old firmware back and I just tried it myself and I like it so far and it seems to have a lot more features than the router had on the original firmware. Be sure to follow the instructions in detail before you try anything and check your router version and dd-wrt firmware version to avoid having problems.
robman50

robman50

Do you have the same router as me? I have the original WNDR3700 (not the v2 model). What are some of the extra features that you like about the DD-WRT compared to the original firmware?

Rax
Premium Member
Floral Park, NY

Rax

Premium Member

I have the V1 router and it was really easy to install and there is so many more features to use than the regular netgear firmware and too many to list. You also can go right back to the netgear firmware anytime you want.
robman50

robman50

What is better for the WNDR3700? OpenWRT, DD-WRT, Tomato?
An improvement that would be nice is to see some speed increases for data transfer on the routers USB port.
robman50

robman50 to Rax

to Rax
Is one of the features an option for 'Super G'? I have an 'Super G' D-link 802.11g card and it keeps connecting at 54Mbps speeds. Defiantly not Super G speeds.
Do you notice any speed improvement with the routers USB port? I find copying to the USB stick on my router over an gigabit is very slow with the ext2 file system (I don't even dare to try NTFS) lol.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline to Rax

Premium Member

to Rax
said by Rax:

I have the V1 router and it was really easy to install and there is so many more features to use than the regular netgear firmware and too many to list. You also can go right back to the netgear firmware anytime you want.

How does the G/N range compare? I'm using a V1 with fairly good ranges but like the extra functions that DD-WRT offers. Is it better, the same or worse?

Rax
Premium Member
Floral Park, NY
·Verizon FiOS

Rax to robman50

Premium Member

to robman50
Robman50 I don't use the usb port so I can't tell you how it works compared to the stock firmware sorry.

Trimline I only use wireless N and I have no issues at all with mine and get very good speeds and signal from about 60 feet away going though a few walls. My furthest computer is about 60 feet away and I get about 30 mb down and up. When I am in the same room as the router I can get 154 mb down and just under 78mb up so it works great for me.
SD178780872
join:2011-05-12

SD178780872 to robman50

to robman50
DD-WRT all you need to know FAQ. I have the same router and am a type a user so it's way better than stock firmware for me.
FAQ
»dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.ph ··· utorials
said by robman50:

What is better for the WNDR3700? OpenWRT, DD-WRT, Tomato?
An improvement that would be nice is to see some speed increases for data transfer on the routers USB port.

91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to robman50

to robman50
ddwrt will only slow down your router cuz its a buggy mess of crap