spc
uniqs

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

3 recommendations

ITALIAN926 to pnh102

to pnh102

Re: Fire Them

Its amazing to me that you jerks actually side with a greedy giant corporation, rather than your fellow HUMAN BEING trying to make a better life for his/her families.

You should all be ashamed, really.
ITALIAN926

2 recommendations

ITALIAN926

quote:
Omar Hutchinson, one of the technicians who went on strike, said that workers were moved to act by the Cablevision vote in Brooklyn. He said he earns about $600, before taxes and without health insurance, for a seven-day week that can stretch to 50 or 60 hours.

Seriously, you people bashing these workers disgust me ! Afraid of a $10 increase on your TV bill or something? Bunch of losers on this site !

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

Its amazing to me that you jerks actually side with a greedy giant corporation, rather than your fellow HUMAN BEING trying to make a better life for his/her families.

How is the person any less greedy for wanting more money? Why is that person's greed worse than the collective greed of a business?

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

said by pnh102:

said by ITALIAN926:

How is the person any less greedy for wanting more money? Why is that person's greed worse than the collective greed of a business?

Did you read the article? They didn't ask for more money. Their company cut their pay by 30%.
I guess you would sit there and smile if your boss came in and told you "Stating next week we're cutting your salary 30%"
Oh thank you sir. I'm just glad I got a job.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2

Premium Member

said by Pathfinder5:

I guess you would sit there and smile if your boss came in and told you "Stating next week we're cutting your salary 30%"
Oh thank you sir. I'm just glad I got a job.

They might...

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

1 recommendation

Woody79_00 to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

You should all be ashamed, really.

I agree, but you don't understand...many folks will defend the very same people who rob them blind.

these are not rational thinking people. I know corporations have a place, im not anti-corp...im pro-common sense.

the fact is, if you look a CableVision's Balace sheet, you will find they are not hurting...they can afford to pay their employees a decent salary and still have plenty of money left over to show very good profits for their CEO, shareholders, etc...but they don't want to do that. it is what it is. However, i don't think morality should be legislated...so really..the best they could do is refuse to work under such conditions or form a union.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

said by Woody79_00:

the fact is, if you look a CableVision's Balace sheet, you will find they are not hurting...they can afford to pay their employees a decent salary and still have plenty of money left over to show very good profits for their CEO, shareholders, etc...but they don't want to do that. it is what it is. However, i don't think morality should be legislated...so really..the best they could do is refuse to work under such conditions or form a union.

These aren't cablevision employees. They are contractors. The contracting company pays them a salary, and like most body shops they are cut rate.