Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

Preemptive "strike"

This is a smart move by the contractor employees. Once cablevision started having Union discussions contractors stock go WAY UP since there is a possibility they will be called to duty IN FORCE soon.
I believe the contractors, knowing this, thought it was a good time to ask for more money.

In the end the customers suffered with all this cat and mouse shit.

Whoever was in this thread bitching about people protecting the "Big Evil Corporation" needs to realize this isnt a movie or a neat little sit in on a college campus. This is real life.
If this Big Evil corporation fails so do many families. Grow up.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

Sammael1069

join:2011-06-20
united state

Re: Preemptive "strike"

+1

said by CableTool:

This is a smart move by the contractor employees. Once cablevision started having Union discussions contractors stock go WAY UP since there is a possibility they will be called to duty IN FORCE soon.
I believe the contractors, knowing this, thought it was a good time to ask for more money.

In the end the customers suffered with all this cat and mouse shit.

Whoever was in this thread bitching about people protecting the "Big Evil Corporation" needs to realize this isnt a movie or a neat little sit in on a college campus. This is real life.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

2 recommendations

quote:
If this Big Evil corporation fails so do many families.
Give me a damn break.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
You forgot one thing; These are "Dolans" we're talking about.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

whataname

@iauq.com
reply to CableTool
said by CableTool:

You would have something resembling a point, if the "Big Evil Corporation" was in any danger of failing. Last I checked, they were still incredibly profitable.

Why people are so okay with companies cutting costs on the little people to make the executives look good is beyond me.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
?
Define "Cutting costs on the little people" ?