Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to Lazy Senior

Premium Member

to Lazy Senior

Re: [KY] 'Area outages' have been happen far too frequently

said by Lazy Senior:

Not having the telephone work can kill you. Do these outages affect the telephone service too??

they cover them selves with the "phone service" by stating that its for "entertainment purposes only" and that you should have a cell phone for a backup.

one reason i just ported my number over to a cellphone, i mean hey if i should have a cell phone any way.....

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by thedragonmas:

they cover them selves with the "phone service" by stating that its for "entertainment purposes only" and that you should have a cell phone for a backup.

Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!! When do they tell you this? I have never seen it in any advertisements.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by Lazy Senior:

said by thedragonmas:

Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!! When do they tell you this? I have never seen it in any advertisements.

its way down in the fine print, they aparantly dont say entertainment purposes any more, »mediacomcable.com/pdf/M7 ··· 1_aj.pdf
911 Notice
IFYOUR ELECTRICAL POWERAND/OR MEDIACOM’S NETWORK IS NOT
OPERATING,YOUWILL LOSE SERVICE, INCLUDING 911 EMERGENCY
SERVICE. Mediacom Phone service relies on external power to operate and, as with
an electric-powered cordless phone, should there be a power outage it will not
operate.YOU MAYWANT TO MAINTAINALTERNATIVE SERVICE, SUCHAS
A CELL PHONE, IN CASE OFAN OUTAGE.

they all so reserve the right to do maintnance
7. Interruption.MCC, without incurring any liability whatsoever, may make
“Scheduled Interruptions” (i.e., interruptions of Service scheduled in advance for
maintenance, testing or other administrative purposes) at any time (i) to ensure your
compliance with thisAgreement; (ii) to ensure proper installation and operation of
your and MCC’s equipment and facilities; (iii) to prevent fraudulent use of or access
to the Services; or (iv) to perform any other maintenance, testing or inspection
reasonably required for the provision of Services hereunder. If your Service must be
interrupted due to maintenance, MCC will use commercially reasonable efforts to
notify you in advance, if possible, via a website prescribed for scheduled outage
messages.

which they are refereing to »mediacomcable.com/Custom ··· Support/ (top left, of course if like my area you end up with about a dozen buttons with the same freakin name you get to a point where you dont bother to check it, they where suposadly working on that over a year ago, but never did emplament any thing, and im not clicking all those buttons every day to check on planned outages)

Juneau
@mchsi.com

Juneau to Lazy Senior

Anon

to Lazy Senior
"Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!! When do they tell you this? I have never seen it in any advertisements."

Not required to be in the advertisements. But if you bothered to read the terms of service, instead of just clicking through because you can't be bothered, you would know these things. But then again, if you have a comprehension problem it wouldn't help to read, would it?

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Juneau :

But if you bothered to read the terms of service, instead of just clicking through because you can't be bothered, you would know these things. But then again, if you have a comprehension problem it wouldn't help to read, would it?

Why do you continue to attack me personally?

Here is another truth. After my experience with Mediacom's internet/TV service being unreliable I would have to be stupid to even consider them for Telephone service. Why would I ever read the TOS for Mediacom telephone service? I would not use it if they gave it to me free.

IMO telephone service HAS to be reliable. It has to work everytime I want or need to make a call. My wife works "on call". Not being able to receive a work call would cost us $$ and she could lose her job.

FWIW I use Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect for my telephone service. $20 a month, 100 percent reliable, free long distance, call forwarding, caller ID, voice mail, unlimited non timed calling, it is not VOIP and TOS does not tell me I need a backup. LMAO