how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

psngamer1980

join:2012-02-01
Raymond, MS

[Availability] Whats stopping at&t

What reason AT&T want turn up a system that has installed since 2008. I was thinking if I got a phone line it would help but it didnt.
The tech that came out to hook the phone line was real nice and tried to help but informed me that he didnt understand why u verse wasnt availabile to living right next to the CO. Called at&t now for three years only to get a different answer every time. Until i called yesterday when one rep told me it was availabile but connected me to another rep to tell it's not. I'm clueless on what to do now.
any opinions greatly welcomed!
thanks

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse

said by psngamer1980:

What reason AT&T want turn up a system that has installed since 2008. I was thinking if I got a phone line it would help but it didnt.
The tech that came out to hook the phone line was real nice and tried to help but informed me that he didnt understand why u verse wasnt availabile to living right next to the CO. Called at&t now for three years only to get a different answer every time. Until i called yesterday when one rep told me it was availabile but connected me to another rep to tell it's not. I'm clueless on what to do now.
any opinions greatly welcomed!
thanks

BUDGET.

In the Central Florida area we have several systems that have been installed for 6-12 months, but the bean counters have put a choke hold on the engineering budget. I have one job (for FTTN Uverse) that shipped to me July 2011. They put a hold until 2/2012, and now 12/2031! Yes, 2031!!!!

After fighting for 6 months we've been given partial funding. We fear if the new cabinets sit too long, without power, that damage may occur. We can install one AC to DC power rectifier per site just to get things energized. Inside of a controlled structure (hut, CEV, CEC or an existing cabinet) the systems are fine. The circuit packs to fire up the Alcatel 7330's are insanely expensive.

As for why Uverse isn't available to someone living near a CO, I can only guess. My 3 guesses would be:

1) Your CO isn't equipped for VDSL Uverse. Many still are not..
2) For CO's that are equipped, not all have Alcatel 7330's installed.
3) If your CO has a 7330, you may not be fed from the CO in the first place.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen anyone worry that offline equipment will "go bad". I might be over simplifying things, but how about removing the batteries? I suspect finding a way to float charge a few hundred batteries might be a problem.

hmmmm0

join:2008-07-12
USA
reply to psngamer1980

Check for uverse availability for your neighbors addresses. I was told the cable is 90%'d for uverse in an area (100% won't go to uverse). If your neighbor (same serving terminal) can get uverse, you can also.

hmmmm0

join:2008-07-12
USA
reply to weaseled386

Sure it's not 2032? It's some random future date