how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsmithepa

join:2006-12-06
Burlingame, CA

[Rant] Rant: Customer Accounts Executives

I haven't gotten the service and already they are annoying me.

"We are experiencing an higher than usual call volume, the wait time is... for our Customer Accounts Executives."

Why do I have to talk to anybody at all, this is just to schedule an installation. Gggggrrrrrr.

Stop labeling your front line people as Customer Accounts Executives. An real executive would have an assistant to answer his calls. What are we kids?

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

said by jsmithepa:

Why do I have to talk to anybody at all, this is just to schedule an installation. Gggggrrrrrr.

how else would you do it?

see the doctor- schedule an appt.....
car problem- schedule appt.....
--
I'm better than you!

voipnpots

join:2011-10-13
USA
reply to jsmithepa

Is it just me, or have people already made up their mind that "Comcast sucks" before they even call?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to jsmithepa

You can (in theory) do it entirely online, without speaking to anyone, but you will be sorry you tried.
Some things work best as a 2 way conversation.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
reply to jsmithepa

how exactly do you intend to get an install if you don't schedule an appointment with someone?

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to jsmithepa

I called Comcast yesterday because I was having Triple Play trouble (CDV dropping calls and TV Tiling) and they have boarded the outsourcing train. I got a call center that was offshored (one of my pet peeves as I have a cognetive disability that makes it impossible to communicate with someone with a language or accent barrier, especially on the phone). All I wanted to do was schedule a truck roll, and they cannot even understand your issue, although the customer account executive was friendly, she had a hard time understanding my issue. I was having issues with the CDV dropping calls, she understood it as I was having trouble with Voicemail.

I wish our local franchising agreement required them to answer the phones locally (like Time Warner up in Maine does, and I think its a term of their franchising agreement with the State of Maine).
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

said by IowaCowboy:

I wish our local franchising agreement required them to answer the phones locally (like Time Warner up in Maine does, and I think its a term of their franchising agreement with the State of Maine).

Thats not a bad idea?! Then instead of waiting 20 mins you can wait 3 hours.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

said by CableTool:

said by IowaCowboy:

Thats not a bad idea?! Then instead of waiting 20 mins you can wait 3 hours.

TWC answers their phones pretty quickly and you can tell they're from Maine because they have that Maine accent (you know they pronounce lobster as lobstah) and they're pretty good about customer service, I had a problem with Grandma's modem and I spent a good part of an hour getting it fixed, and most of that hour was with the rep and not on hold. And they fixes it while on the phone and not one of those so called trouble tickets (you know how they claim to look into the issue and nothing is done trouble tickets). And TWC includes the modem in the price of their Internet, whereas Comcast charges $7 per month. The only downside is they are not upgraded to D3 in that area where my house has a D3 modem (that I own).
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to voipnpots

said by voipnpots:

Is it just me, or have people already made up their mind that "Comcast sucks" before they even call?

Calling just about anywhere "sucks." Just like there is broadband "competition" you are free to choose the same crappy service from just about any company.
--
PRescott7-2097