Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to cdru

Re: Restricting purchases

You may not get all that you'd like to have, but you can still get some. Thing is, where else is the customer going to go? I don't know if this is true everywhere, but I live in a metro area of something like 120,000 people, and I don't know of anywhere else to rent but RedBox. We used to have quite a few Movie Gallery locations, but they're all gone, and even Blockbuster closed. There is one place, but I've heard that it's primarily adult movies, so they may or may not have anything. You either go to RedBox or sub to Netflix if you want to rent. I don't know how many RedBox kiosks we have here, but they have to be stocked by someone in the area, and we have two Wal-Marts, Target, Best Buy, two K-marts, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and MovieStop, so there's plenty of places to get movies. The number of places may be more limited in areas with more kiosks to stock, but someone wanting to stock the ones here shouldn't have any problems. And I've never seen a sign in any of these places saying how many copies of a disc you can buy.

In fact, I read somewhere a while back that that's exactly how RedBox gets many of their movies--buying off the retail market.