Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102

Re: Fire Them

Actually, it is only a wildcat strike if there is a collective bargaining agreement in place. From what I understand, these were non-union contractors so the strike was not illegal. Cablevision could fire them all if they wanted to but then forget about any repairs/installs in the Bronx for a while... not too smart. Apparently Cablevision agreed because they withdrew the 30% cut.

It is really sad that there are people who think workers should accept a 30% pay cut without so much as a whimper. If it was your pay getting cut would you thank them for it?

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

said by CXM_Splicer:

If it was your pay getting cut would you thank them for it?

My pay at my job WAS cut. It was either that or lose my job.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit

said by pnh102:

said by CXM_Splicer:

I'll bet it wasn't 30% though..
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 recommendations

reply to pnh102

quote:
I guess that excludes YOU as being a Dolan.

So basically, your point of view is that bc YOU as an individual cannot fight for your labor rights, NOBODY should be able to. Because YOU were given a pay cut, everyone else should do the same. Hmm.

Since you believe Cablevision techs are on the brink of being rich and spoiled with benefits, why dont you quit your job and move to the NY area and become an installer?

Until then, keep your opinions to yourself and worry about your own employment.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102

I am truly sorry you had your salary reduced. Perhaps if you were in a union you would have fared better than standing against the company by yourself. Verizon has many managers that are considering forming a Managers union (other companies have them too); maybe that would be an option for you. There is nothing wrong with standing up and demanding fair treatment as long as you do it together.

Kommie
Premium
join:2003-05-13
united state
kudos:3
reply to pnh102

said by pnh102:

said by CXM_Splicer:

Then Unionize like they did and put yourself on the line and stop bitching about it on the Internet.

Its hard to unionize a company, those people put their lives on the line in order to do that, and they won.

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102

said by pnh102:

said by CXM_Splicer:

If your pay was cut, then you should be showing sympathies for this action, whether or not it was carried out by non-union employees. Why is it that even with personal evidence (my pay was cut), you would bash the only entity (a union) that is actually trying to elevate wages across the board?

If you keep taking it....I got some Chinese wages for you that you'll just love!!!!
--
"Thanks for the dance... and cut yourself a slice'a throat! "
- Curly (HOI POLLOI, 1935)
Expand your moderator at work

wowow2322

@wenet.com
reply to Kommie

Re: Fire Them

said by Kommie:

said by pnh102:

said by CXM_Splicer:

Then Unionize like they did and put yourself on the line and stop bitching about it on the Internet.

Its hard to unionize a company, those people put their lives on the line in order to do that, and they won.

you people jump to funny conclusions. he was responding to a statement not complaiming...