uniqs

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

[RI] Speed Increase in RI?

I heard there was a speed increase in RI and CT? Could anyone confirm or supply any info on the specifics? What tiers, new speeds, etc. Thanks!
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by Optimus2357:

I heard there was a speed increase in RI and CT? Could anyone confirm or supply any info on the specifics? What tiers, new speeds, etc. Thanks!

Well looking at the cox site, Preferred is 18/5, Premier is 24/5, and Ultimate is 50/8. I don't know if that shows any increases in speed. But your not gonna see any faster upload speed then that till upstream bonding comes into play.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Sorry for not fallowing up sooner.

Well I don't think the site ever had accurate speeds for RI. Were special, heh. Preferred was 16/4 or 20/5 with power boost, and I thought it was moving to 18/5 or 23/6 with powerboost. Could anyone local confirm? My real question is if Premier got a boost. Doesn't look like it, but I am wondering if there is a technical reason for that, on my end. Like the modem didn't get the bump, or my particular area can't handle the increase, etc.
codydog
join:2001-11-29
Newport, RI

codydog

On ultimate here, speeds seem constant in the 50 +/- 5 d/l, and 6-7 u/l

seem to use 5 d/l channels now, while recently it was 4

using a dpc3010

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Hmm, maybe it was just preferred that got the boost then. Or maybe what I was told was incorrect. I would think if there was a increase they would make more hoopla about it. Ok, well if anyone hears anything feel free to post. I will update if I find anything out.

justaguy
@cox.com

justaguy

Anon

Yes, the upgrade took place last week and is an average of 2M increase down and 1M up.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

What Tier are you on? Is this a difference your experienced or a difference you were told of? I'm usually get over what I pay for, so this is in no way to say I have a problem with my speed, I just want to know if there was a increase to Premier in RI.
darkmaw
join:2009-09-24
Newport, RI

darkmaw to Optimus2357

to Optimus2357
Honestly, I'd have preferred that 12.5% increase in speed be put towards the bandwidth caps instead.

All this means is I can hit my 200gb bandwidth cap in 24 hours instead of 27 now. Yippee.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Its a fair point, but using the popular metaphore, if I only have a tank of gas to drive around in, why not do it in style . On top of that, my experiences in my particular area seem to indicate they don't always enforce their caps. Anyway, I think I may have found the reason why they held off on tier upgrades on Premier and Ultimate, see my Upstream channel bonding thread. Yeaaaa