Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Why?

I'm not even a Rogers customer nor do I even live in Canada, but the below surely seems a bit absurd to me.

"These changes will be introduced to half of Rogers existing internet customers by June 2012 and to its remaining customers by December 2012."

Why can Rogers do half of their internet customers by March, but not the other half until December? 9 freaking months to do the other half?!! WTF?!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2

said by cork1958:

I'm not even a Rogers customer nor do I even live in Canada, but the below surely seems a bit absurd to me.

"These changes will be introduced to half of Rogers existing internet customers by June 2012 and to its remaining customers by December 2012."

Why can Rogers do half of their internet customers by March, but not the other half until December? 9 freaking months to do the other half?!! WTF?!

From what I hear, upstream channel bonding is a multi-year process so I can assume that as areas start to get upstream channel bonding they will stop upstream p2p throttling in those areas. Seems logical that way.