spc
uniqs

OldCableGuy
@communications.net

OldCableGuy to Lazy Senior

Anon

to Lazy Senior

Re: [IL] Mediacom "speeds of up to 12 mpbs" not in Hey

How'd that class action lawsuit treat you Lazy Senior? Did the lawyer laugh at you by himself, or did he page the whole office to get in on the laughing? Did he still bill you for the consolation?

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by OldCableGuy :

How'd that class action lawsuit treat you Lazy Senior?

You have lost me there, I do not have a clue what you are talking about. Mediacom is not my life's pursuit. I don't read everything about them. I can only relate my personal experiences with them. As my Screen name suggests I am both Lazy and a Senior. In many many years of dealing with dozens of different companies Mediacom stands out of being the worst of the worst when it comes to customer support and treating the customer like a valuable asset. I have NEVER had any company in my life treat me as poorly as Mediacom.

They get away with this conduct only because they have little competition in most internet markets. Most customers have little choice, endure Mediacom or go without fast internet. I chose go with out after suffering with them for 2 years.
Porthos28
join:2011-05-17
Springfield, MO

Porthos28

While there are some in my area who complain of problems they are in the minority. According to the news media there are over 30,000 customers for internet services here, both residential and business. We also have AT&T with their flavors of DSL and UVerse as competition. Other DSL providers may be available, I haven't looked.

My experience is that on a 12/1 mbps connection I consistently see 11.4/.95 mbps. The only major service interruptions have been one area wide problem where the connection from Mediacom to AT&T (Mediacom rides on AT&T's big pipe here) conked out for a couple of hours. Not a problem for me since the connection is not something I would die without. Beyond that it is stable and consistent and there when I want to use it.

I guess if folks are unhappy they should look elsewhere. But it is my experience that many of those folks would be unhappy regardless.