how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jade54

join:2012-01-14
Palm Harbor, FL

[TV] Cable Box Diagnostics

Over the past 18 mos when I have called BHN regarding TV issues the BHN Agent would advise looking at both my Boxes all areas where Red or Yellow and a tech needed to be dispatched. The tech arrives, uses his testing Equipment and says everything is OK. This week I called when the Caller ID was not appearing on-screen; Agent said both Cable Boxes showed all areas in the red.....he setup a Service call. While on the call the agent discovered an Outage in Palm Harbor impacting Advance features to include Caller ID. Agent advised to keep Service call. Next day I decided to call BHN since Advanced features were working to see if the Outage is what caused the Boxes to display the out of normal results. The Agent advised most areas were in the red on both boxes.....and he confirmed the Advance feature issue from the night before had been corrected. Now this is the same story I have heard on at least 4 or 5 other service calls over the past 18 mos.

On 2/2 the tech showed as schedule; connected his Black box to the Incoming Cable line of both Boxes and said both where fine. Perplexed by this, I called BHN, explained a tech was in the house and all showed good. I asked the in-house Agent to look at my boxes...and she said there were areas in the red...with that I put the Tech on the Phone with her. By the way, I have been told her notes read that I was unhappy with the service, I never said that, it is untrue. The Service tech gave the phone back to me and she said, the tech is there and there is nothing I can do....she sounded a little put-out.

Surely the In-House Diagnostics, and, the Diagnostic tool used by the Techs in the field should show the same results...right? If not, they surely need to be.

Who is a customer to believe? I mean when I called in this week about the Advanced features the Agent made it sound like I had some real serious issues that needed to be attended to.

If these conflicting diagnostics results are happening with me, how many other customers are hearing the same, and, even more importantly, how many unnecessary service calls are being dispatched by BHN In-House techs?

What are both my boxes showing Now.......?

Your comments will be appreciated

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

You have Samsung boxes right?

Jade54

join:2012-01-14
Palm Harbor, FL

I thought I had entered this in the Direct Forum; seems I did it wrong. Got some "learning" to do!

Both Boxes....Cisco 8642...and I love 'em.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146
reply to Jade54

Move this to the direct forums and include the usual stuff and when I get back later today I will take a look. The bottom line is there was some stuff goin on last week with your hub that caused this and last time I reviewed your account all is well. There are multiple tools used and unfortunately each can be misread....I'll talk to you later in the day. I'm out and about right now.