spc
uniqs

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77 to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Sometimes they do, it just depends on who you get at the counter when you go in. Theres a big TWC equipment warehouse over off LBJ and Centerville road where I got mine at, and I asked for new ones, and the lady just handed them to me and didnt ask anything.

Are you just wanting it for the larger hard drive?

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77

I have a newer DVR box so space isn't an issue for me. When the new whole home service rolled out I had it for about 3 months but ran into a bunch of issues with the playback boxes not talking to the main DVR (DCX3400-M).

When I got rid of the service, I lost the new iguide and I really miss having the new menus & options.
Phil75070
join:2005-08-17
Mckinney, TX

Phil75070

Speaking of whole home service, is that the only way to get the advertised "look back" and "start over" functionality?

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

Yep and caller id and the android app too.
chamberc

1 edit

chamberc to runner77

Premium Member

to runner77
said by runner77:

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by chamberc:

said by runner77:

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

keep the remaining DCX3400 as long as you can I was told yesterday by a csr that coming very soon that the iGuide boxes are going to get the update for Start Over/Lookback and Caller id on TV. There should be an announcement in the bill as early as next month. I was told back in november it should be around april of this year that the update should happen. I was also told you will get a motorola box with navigator unless they only have older DCX3400s or older which they will still give out until they all die out eventually.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I just keep hoping and praying that they will get a 4 tuner DVR soon to keep up with everyone else.