how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jbrune

join:2012-02-04
Valleyford, WA

MC760 and Cradlepoint MBR900

I recently installed my broadband2go modem (model mc760vmu) into a Cradlepoint MBR900 router. It fired right up without incident.

Before I purchased the router the modem was plugged directly into my workstation (usb port) and access was obtained using the connection manager. Now I get my Internet access on the workstation via wifi from the MBR900 router.

My question is that with the Cradlepoint, there's no connection manager which leaves me "running blind" (sts).

I used to be able to monitor my rssi (our signal strength is spotty at best) and was able to perform basic (oh so basic) troubleshooting functions using the connection manager when asked by VirginMobile support team (necessary to convince them that the problem was on their end). Obviously no more ##debug option either. So sad.

For starters, can anyone tell me how I can pull the rssi from my mbr900? Also, anyone care to share their experiences with the VM support team when you tell them you're not running through their connection manager? Just curious what their response will be....

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas

I have the MBR900 and MC760VMU and they work wonderfully well together. Whereas I used to get disconnects and have to reboot occasionally, for many months now the combo works with no issues whatsoever, even when I switch every night from VM to Hughesnet and back again after 5 hours. Running latest firmware 1.9.0.

Not sure why you say you're "running blind"; under the Modem tab I see a consistent Signal Strength of 100%, and dBm of -51. If I ever get anything else that means there's a problem with the tower and I just wait it out and it eventually returns.

I've never had occasion to contact tech support. Whatever problems I've had I simply "wait out" and the problems go away. But if I were to need to call them I would not bother to do so when connected to the MBR900--I would certainly connect the 760 to a PC using their connection software before calling them.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to jbrune

said by jbrune:

Also, anyone care to share their experiences with the VM support team when you tell them you're not running through their connection manager? Just curious what their response will be....

"We don't support that" will be their response.

Just pop it back in your PC with the connection manager if you need to talk to them.

In my experience they are really good at taking payments, not so good at reporting network issues to sprint