spc
Search similar:

uniqs

don
@virginmedia.com

don

Anon

ink cartridge saying no ink

my printer was replaced with a colour ink cartridge but the printer keeps telling me that the ink needs replacing. the machine will not clean nozzle heads.
I have switched on and off several times, taken ink cartridge out and replaced it again and again.
please help me, this is driving me mad and it's about to go out of the window!

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

Welcome, Don, but I think your question falls outside of the scope of wireless networking. I'm moving this to a more general hardware forum, but additional details will help others help you:

Printer make/ model
Cartridge make/model (in case of compatibility issues)
Error codes, if any, or exact wording of the error message.

Good luck.

don
@virginmedia.com

don

Anon

Thanks.
Cannon MP495 printer

replacing with a colour ink cartridge Compatible CL511

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to don

Premium Member

to don
The printer knows its not a genuine ink cart. Purchase genuine and your problem will be resolved.

don
@virginmedia.com

don

Anon

Oh ok.
I used compatible cartridges in another printer once so just thought it worked in all printers
Fat City
Premium Member
join:2003-03-10
Freedonia

1 edit

Fat City

Premium Member

double post, sorry
Fat City

Fat City

Premium Member

Try this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Kbr5Y5yI

Text

don1
@virginmedia.com

don1

Anon

Thanks have tried that but still not working
Expand your moderator at work

porkpie
No Pork For 40 Days
join:2001-05-28
Cleveland, OH

porkpie to don

to don

Re: ink cartridge saying no ink

If the printer prints, ignore the message, that happens when you use a generic cartridge, a lot of times there might be a checkbox to say "don't show this message again"

Hope that this helps
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

I had the problem with my epson. I kept at it and it eventually started working. I also called the cartridge factory, and they sent me a replacement set as well.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to don

Premium Member

to don
Test with a genuine cartridge. That will rule out a printer issue and confirm if it's a cartridge issue or not.

Having said that, not all generic cartridges are created equal. I've had good ones and bad ones. There are also often different versions of the same cartridge, some chipped and some not chipped (in the case of the newer cartridges).

It's trial and error to find what works in your printer.
Expand your moderator at work
Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth to don

to don

Re: ink cartridge saying no ink

For your next printer I highly recommend getting a color laser printer.

Inkjets waste most of the ink in the cartridge.
Heads need cleaning if the printer has sat for a while so how do they "clean it"? By pumping lots of ink through it.

The ink in the cartridge can dry out prematurely = more wasted ink.

Laser printers generally get 10 to 100 times more ages printed per toner cartridge for twice or less the cost of an ink cartridge. The toner does not dry out it can't it is already a powder. I have stored laser printers in the closet for years and then taken them out, plugged them and they printer just like they did years before.

Finally most laser printers will allow the use of OEM or remanufactured toner cartridges including personally or factory refilled ones.
If you need perfect photo prints then go to your local Walmart or Mejier and have their photo department print it for you on their $5,000 printer.