KenAF
join:2006-01-23
Arlington, VA

KenAF to serge87

to serge87

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by serge87:

said by rtcy:

me I'm still using the Westell 9100 that Verizon has discontinued as it's the ONLY one so far that has true large NAT table,

Not entirely true. I had the Actiontec rev. D(incredibly inferior) and replaced it with the Westell 9100, which does have a large NAT table. I recently received the Actiontec rev. G which trumps the 9100 in NAT table size, which left me pleasantly surprised. Rev G or I are kings in NAT size in Verizon's router lineup as of today

In your experience, how does the Actiontec rev. G compare to the Westell 9100? For example, how do the two compare in NAT table size?
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne

Go back a page and you'll see a chart for the Actiontec F, G, and I.

The Westell Rev A is approx 150,000; Revs B and C are approx 162,000.
claibourne

1 edit

claibourne

Click for full size
I just updated the chart with Actiontec Rev E, plus Westell info. Some Westell info is missing because I can't verify it myself.

Edit -- I had 150k NAT entries stuck in my head on the Westell Rev A, but I just noticed the FAQ says 130k. I'll update the chart later with the correct info.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to KenAF

to KenAF
said by KenAF:

said by serge87:

Not entirely true. I had the Actiontec rev. D(incredibly inferior) and replaced it with the Westell 9100, which does have a large NAT table. I recently received the Actiontec rev. G which trumps the 9100 in NAT table size, which left me pleasantly surprised. Rev G or I are kings in NAT size in Verizon's router lineup as of today

In your experience, how does the Actiontec rev. G compare to the Westell 9100? For example, how do the two compare in NAT table size?

With the same test conditions the Westell 9100EM consistently ran out of NAT entries way before the rev G did. The Westell(rev. B) claims a 160K NAT table but in my experience it runs out before 100K(closer to ~70-80K, hurray marketing?). The Actiontec rev G doesn't have an "official" spec listed for its NAT table size but will easily handle 100-175K connections(can also do 200K+ , but with some noticeable slowdown in performance). However, don't use the NAT table size as a primary factor in choosing between the two routers. For my purposes they both equally performed more than well enough, excluding the NAT table size difference. The Westell should be able to handle anything an average home user will throw at it NAT table-wise.