spc
uniqs

GoldenTiger
@cox.net

GoldenTiger to DarkPhantom

Anon

to DarkPhantom

Re: [GA] Continuous Disconnects Every 15 minutes

I have same problem since yesterday. Each time, I rebooted the cable modem and router, I had internet connection for a short period (5, 10, 15 minutes or an hour). I called Cox Technical support twice yesterday. This morning, my internet connection dropped after 2 hours. I ran to the OfficeMax bought a new D-Link router. Same problem. Instead of power down both device, I just released and renew the WAN DHCP, I can connect to internet for about 10 minutes.

Is the problem at Motorola cable modem or at the Cox DHCP server?
DarkPhantom
Premium Member
join:2008-09-13
Destin, FL

DarkPhantom

Premium Member

The problem I thought was fixed has returned. I decided I am going to go ahead and invest in the better modem, even though it has wireless, it will serve my needs in the future better.
DarkPhantom

DarkPhantom

Premium Member

I ended up upgrading to a D3 modem.

I have not had a single disconnect after 22 minutes which is twice the length of time on the other modem. Must have either been an incompatible service update in my area or the modem's internal power supply was going bad based on the response I got from CoxTech.
DarkPhantom

DarkPhantom

Premium Member

I am once again having this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I replaced the modem and it seems to have solved the problem, but it returned in the last week, makes using my internet connection very hard.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by DarkPhantom:

I am once again having this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I replaced the modem and it seems to have solved the problem, but it returned in the last week, makes using my internet connection very hard.

Do you have a wireless telephone anywhere near the modem?
DarkPhantom
Premium Member
Destin, FL

DarkPhantom

Premium Member

I do...Why would that interfere with my internet?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by DarkPhantom:

I do...Why would that interfere with my internet?

RF interference. try moving the phone away and see if that helps.
DarkPhantom
Premium Member
Destin, FL

DarkPhantom

Premium Member

It never caused a problem in the past.
TwistedTree
join:2003-02-25
West Warwick, RI

TwistedTree

It's a problem nationwide. People are reporting the same thing from several states but no one from cox seems willing to admit it.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by TwistedTree:

It's a problem nationwide. People are reporting the same thing from several states but no one from cox seems willing to admit it.

It's as much of a nationwide problem as cars getting flat tires. Would you blame Ford and Chevy for that?

Losing modem connection is a common symptom in alot of different issues. The most common issue is a local signal problem, not something network or nationwide.
TwistedTree
West Warwick, RI

TwistedTree

If people in 3 different states all lose connection and re-establish connection at the exact same times almost to the second, that's not a local problem. I was actually on my cell with a friend in Tempe AZ, and we where both saying "it's up, It's down again" in sync on the phone. We both had pings running to different sites, and we both where going offline to the second. A third friend in NY logged his down time and it matched ours. Care to explain that?

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by TwistedTree:

If people in 3 different states all lose connection and re-establish connection at the exact same times almost to the second, that's not a local problem. I was actually on my cell with a friend in Tempe AZ, and we where both saying "it's up, It's down again" in sync on the phone. We both had pings running to different sites, and we both where going offline to the second. A third friend in NY logged his down time and it matched ours. Care to explain that?

I'm sure if AAA would release the statistics we'd frequently see that several people in the U.S. get flat tires at the same time and call for service, that doesn't make them related, even if it happens every day.

Post some modem levels, logs, trace routes, and pings showing your disconnects. I'd really like to see where your connection fails. I'd also like to see the common network path between RI, NY, and AZ.

Right now you have no evidence we can look at and wild clams that make little sense.
TwistedTree
West Warwick, RI

TwistedTree

Already posted the logs several times, no need to post them again.
I really dont give a rats rear end what you think as you seem more interested in feeding your ego then actually helping. I have gone down several times tonight, so the new modem did not help. Now it's up to Cox to fix it, not going to waste my time here anymore. I should have known posting here was a waste of time.