Very good George You are correct

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to scanman1
This applies to those in multiple service bundles. Those ala carte folks this is not the case but I've already said that

scanman1

join:2010-11-25
reply to BHNtechXpert
BHNtech Xpert, Can you clarify why you state that a Motorola SB6121 modem can be used on a current D2 service plan, yet you stated to me earlier in this thread that the Cisco DPC-3000 cannot be provisioned for a current D2 service plan.

This is a contradiction in your statements in this thread.

There is no difference between the Motorola SB 6120/1 and the Cisco DPC-3000 other than firmware. They are both Puma 5 chipset modems.

There is no technical reason that any D3 modem cannot be provisioned for any speed package other than the needed provisioning of BHN equipment to support this.

With customer provided modems now something that will be requested to avoid rental fee's, and ONLY D3 modems sitting on the shelf of local stores such as Best Buy and CompUSA to state that you cannot use a D3 modem with a current D2 service plan will make it VERY DIFFICULT for anyone who does not already own an outdated D2 modem to turn in the rented modem and use a customer owned modem.

I see no reason that I should install an outdated SB5101 when I have a D3 modem that is Lightning capable.

I don't want to wait for another truck roll in the future when I do upgrade to a speed package that will require D3.

Do you have an ETA when the list of supported modems will be compiled?

I'd rather wait and even pay the fee for the first month, if you require this time to provision your equipment for service plan/modem combinations that you don't currently have programmed.

This was never an issue up until now as you only programmed D3 modem profiles for D3 service plans as there was no reason when you provided the modem as part of the service.

Now that CPE is going to be in demand, this issue needs to be resolved.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
BHNtech Xpert, Can you clarify why you state that a Motorola SB6121 modem can be used on a current D2 service plan, yet you stated to me earlier in this thread that the Cisco DPC-3000 cannot be provisioned for a current D2 service plan.

I did reply, you didn't pay attention to it. I didn't say either could or could not be used. I simply stated that the SB is likely to have no problems but due to differing firmware on the Cisco I couldn't say on that. Chipset means nothing...get chipset out of your head because at the end of the day every single device on the planet could use the same chipset but if the firmware doesn't play nice all is moot.

This is a contradiction in your statements in this thread.

There were no contradictions...stop looking for the negative in everything

There is no difference between the Motorola SB 6120/1 and the Cisco DPC-3000 other than firmware. They are both Puma 5 chipset modems.

Look up for now the third time for the answer to this repeat question.

There is no technical reason that any D3 modem cannot be provisioned for any speed package other than the needed provisioning of BHN equipment to support this.

You are incorrect and I'm not going to argue this point with you. D3 will not work with Turbo 20/2...period unless of course you don't care about getting your turbo boost. PLEASE stop arguing with me about this technology...with all due respect I work, eat and sleep with this stuff every day...I know what it can, can't and won't do. I wouldn't tell you this if it wern't fact.

With customer provided modems now something that will be requested to avoid rental fee's, and ONLY D3 modems sitting on the shelf of local stores such as Best Buy and CompUSA to state that you cannot use a D3 modem with a current D2 service plan will make it VERY DIFFICULT for anyone who does not already own an outdated D2 modem to turn in the rented modem and use a customer owned modem.

Not gonna argue with you about this...it's too preliminary to discuss it. I keep saying this and you guys ignore it.

I see no reason that I should install an outdated SB5101 when I have a D3 modem that is Lightning capable.

Repeating yourself

I don't want to wait for another truck roll in the future when I do upgrade to a speed package that will require D3.

Repeating yourself

Do you have an ETA when the list of supported modems will be compiled?

Repeating myself... I'll let you know when the list is available.

I'd rather wait and even pay the fee for the first month, if you require this time to provision your equipment for service plan/modem combinations that you don't currently have programmed.

That is an option.. yes

This was never an issue up until now as you only programmed D3 modem profiles for D3 service plans as there was no reason when you provided the modem as part of the service.

You are incorrect. D3 modems are provided only for D3 service. If you downgrade from D3 or Lightning service we will come out and swap your modem down to a D2 modem.

Now that CPE is going to be in demand, this issue needs to be resolved.

I see no issues. We are communicating with you about these changes now and will continue to do so as needed. I have stated from the very start I'll keep you informed as needed. Until then relax and stop getting yourself all worked up for what amounts to a small deal...really this is a small deal Have faith
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

MrxBurrito

join:2010-01-16
Davenport, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert See Profile
Feigning shock or offense is completely unnecessary. You forget that I know your posting style well...this isn't the first encounter I've had with you. You like to argue...I don't. I intentionally posted as much information as possible to avoid misunderstandings or worry about this subject and yet you took to creating a debate where none really is required. I'm not here to debate you and that's not going to change regardless of your responses.

I am not here to argue either, you brought the words debate, argument, negativity to the thread, not me. Also you might have me confused with someone else. I have never had any encounters with you or anyone on this forum. You don't know my style because I do not post much here, and if your or anyone else looks at my posting history will come to realize that. It is good to have a forum user here who happens to be employed by BHN come here and accuse his customers of initiating things. Said it once and will say it again, JDPower must be really proud right now.

Evidently this topic has put you in a very defensive position, You look at the thread and other threads about it, and whoever agrees with you get the kudos and whoever doesn't gets accused of arguing, debating and negativity and not knowing anything to the technology in question. Well, there are people out there that know, and you are the face of BHN here so all you can post about is company policy and biased opinions.

I don't think I am the one trying to argue here. All I did was post my experience as a customer and my concerns. And regardless of your answer, It did hit a nerve, It contradicted something you posted, and God forbids you contradict the expert. Immediately after that you begin with your accusations.

You are really good on the technical side, but you completely lack soft skills whenever someone disagrees with you.

Sorry for your troubles.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits
I am not here to argue either, you brought the words debate, argument, negativity to the thread, not me. Also you might have me confused with someone else. I have never had any encounters with you or anyone on this forum. You don't know my style because I do not post much here, and if your or anyone else looks at my posting history will come to realize that. It is good to have a forum user here who happens to be employed by BHN come here and accuse his customers of initiating things. Said it once and will say it again, JDPower must be really proud right now.

Then why do you keep posting back with the same mantra completely ignoring the information I have provided multiple times in this thread and with the personal attacks MxBurrito? You forget that over a period of several days last November we had several in forums and PM discussions (I still have them )

Evidently this topic has put you in a very defensive position, You look at the thread and other threads about it, and whoever agrees with you get the kudos and whoever doesn't gets accused of arguing, debating and negativity and not knowing anything to the technology in question. Well, there are people out there that know, and you are the face of BHN here so all you can post about is company policy and biased opinions.

Not defensive at all. There's no reason to be. You are attempting to inflame the issue unnecessarily and when you don't get the answers you want you turn it personal...sorry not gonna play that...I hope you understand

I don't think I am the one trying to argue here. All I did was post my experience as a customer and my concerns. And regardless of your answer, It did hit a nerve, It contradicted something you posted, and God forbids you contradict the expert. Immediately after that you begin with your accusations.

You are repeating yourself...

You are really good on the technical side, but you completely lack soft skills whenever someone disagrees with you.

This isn't about me despite your attempts to make it that way...

Sorry for your troubles.

No apologies needed. I trust there will be no further need for discussion on this unless you have additional questions or I have an update and you have my word I'll post additional information as it becomes available or as it applies to you.

Take care...

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1
Just to keep you updated as promised I hope to have updated information for you in the next few days and it will include some good news in some key areas of concern. There is no need to bump the thread if you don't hear from me as I know this is a prioriy and will post back when I can.

scanman1

2 edits
I know I can come across as arrogant, but I worked for 18 years as a telco tech III/fiber transport tech for one of the largest telco's.

So I do understand what your up against as far as getting new MOP's and ticketing system changes, and CLR/DLR's in place.

It does take time. Even if I pay the fee for a month, that's not a concern of mine.

I'm just trying to nudge the process along and hopefully get all the questions and issues that will arise sorted out in this thread.

I found the modem, but not the 12 volt power cable for the obsolete SB5101. They ended up in different junk drawers over the years.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1
Rest assured I'm doing plenty of nudging for everyone

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
reply to scanman1
Here we freakin go again, they raised the price last year, and then they are raising the price yet again this year.......in addition to that they are now going to charge us for the modem that we've been paying for all these years, which is totally payed off for sure! So what the heck CHARGE for it now. They've figured out a way to raise our bill TWICE in one year.

Oh let's not forget 40mb wideband customers who they made pay them extra money to get that modem installed; that is money down the drain now if you roll your own.

No wonder 3rd world countries have much better bandwidth than the USA, cause they nickel & dime us all the way, AND so says the FCC. Bandwidth has been going DOWN year after year NOT up, except with the cable crooks.
AND you wonder why I dropped Cable TV completely?? Over-priced little value for the $$$ Antenna works just fine, and so does first rated RedBox Movies.

Time to downshift my speed, you raise the price I'm downshifting; in the end how much "extra" did you get???

Can't wait for FIOS in my area!!!

scanman1

I hate to burst your bubble picrthis but I can assure you that Fios expansion is 100% shut down.

You either have it or you don't at this point.

(Non disgruntled layed off VZB employee)

scanman1

reply to scanman1
I have done a bit of back-reading and now see why there is some anger from those that are early adapters of your Docsis 3 service.

With the service fee's to roll a truck and change out a Docsis2 modem's to a Docsis3 modem has them upset at the idea that I could now ask to install a personally owned Docsis 3 modem without paying a fee that they did when it was rolled out.

If you allow a customer owned Docsis 3 modem now, it will conflict with your past policy of charging for the D3 upgrade, even though the tuner in a more modern D3 modem when screwed into the same cable is actually going to have a lower loss as far as dB goes from the more obsolete tuner technology available in an older modem such as a D1 or a first gen D2 modem like the SB5100. A D3 modem will preform with a (Higher Q), regardless if it is a Ubee, Motorola, or a Cisco modem. (Yes it is all in the firmware)

When the modem is first connected to your network, you send an SNMP command to modem to flash it to your desired firmware immediately, so this is really a matter of you having the proper firmware support for the modem's that you choose to support.

Most people don't understand SNMP around here.

I could go in more technical depth if need be.

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
reply to scanman1
Yes I know the FIOS expansion has been sadly shut down, I'm just pissed that brighthouse is taking advantage of us because well they can; still doesn't make it right.

The cost of bandwidth keeps going down, so that would offset any minor other cost they refer to going up, AND finding a way of doing TWO increases in the same period is pure GREED!

The cost of service should be going DOWN, not up. The last couple of contracts at work we signed our cost have went down each time; AND will still get 4 hour response with a REAL Truck & a real Tech when we need it. Not some contracted kid out of high school who is payed per home visit.

Yup they forced us to pay them an extra $50.00 for a kid in his personal car, they did NOT roll a truck; AND when he left my house it still wasn't working, and I had to call BRH twice to follow-up with a tech over the phone to get it working properly. What an A-Hole way to run a company.

Now I'm "allowed" to install it myself????? Geezz I could have done it back then as I can now.....I think they should give me a $50.00 credit, but you know their GREED will never let them do that.

scanman1

reply to scanman1
I have been under Time Warner, Comcast and other providers, and I will say without a doubt that BrightHouse has provided the best service among all of them.

They ran a new drop, no questions asked.

The installation was smooth. (Subed to a good contractor who knew his stuff and PROPERLY grounded the drop cable without me interfering with his work)

This is CRITICAL in Florida!

The QOS is over 99.43 from my estimated router data.

My website service provider has more downtime!

They Give FREE Newsgroup access with Newshosting.com , and this is UNHEARD of with all the other providers!

Even with the "limited" 4 connection access, it is plenty!

Yes, I love my Brighthouse internet.

Yet, I'm bored and have too much time on my hands right now, so I am punching on the keyboard.

They don't have a cap at all, not that I run more data than the Comcast cap. (This is a great one).

I'm not here to bash Brighthouse, as they are the best provider I have had, and I have moved around enough to have tried them all!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1
said by scanman1:

I hate to burst your bubble picrthis but I can assure you that Fios expansion is 100% shut down.

You either have it or you don't at this point.

(Non disgruntled layed off VZB employee)

Scanman I'm sorry to hear about your situation and you are correct...if FiOS doesn't pass your home now it's not likely it will anytime in the near future if at all.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1
said by scanman1:

I have been under Time Warner, Comcast and other providers, and I will say without a doubt that BrightHouse has provided the best service among all of them.

They ran a new drop, no questions asked.

The installation was smooth. (Subed to a good contractor who knew his stuff and PROPERLY grounded the drop cable without me interfering with his work)

This is CRITICAL in Florida!

The QOS is over 99.43 from my estimated router data.

My website service provider has more downtime!

They Give FREE Newsgroup access with Newshosting.com , and this is UNHEARD of with all the other providers!

Even with the "limited" 4 connection access, it is plenty!

Yes, I love my Brighthouse internet.

Yet, I'm bored and have too much time on my hands right now, so I am punching on the keyboard.

They don't have a cap at all, not that I run more data than the Comcast cap. (This is a great one).

I'm not here to bash Brighthouse, as they are the best provider I have had, and I have moved around enough to have tried them all!

I have good news related to the D3 modem but rather than give only partial details and without a list I'm going to hold back for a bit. So a little more patience and I think you will be happy
--

DJStarfox

join:2000-07-05
Orlando, FL
reply to scanman1
I just saw the note on my bill today, and I would just like to rant.

This is JUNK FEE, pure and simple. And it's probably taxable, so now Uncle Sam will collect his percentage on top. I hate it.