spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Harrington

join:2012-02-06

[PA] Why does RCN think the Lehigh Valley is so special?

I ask this because given the prices they charge us, as opposed to every other market they serve, we are getting killed by them. I have been with RCN close to 10 years and wanted to upgrade to the 50Mbs package. Went to the RCN web site and saw this would cost $107. A little steep but doable I thought. That is until I saw what every other market pays for the exact same product:

NYC - $50
Philly - $59
DC - $50
Boston - $50
Chicago - $55

I contacted RCN to ask them to explain what their reasoning was for the huge price differential and all I got in response was the typical corporate BS runaround. Does anyone know the real answer other than the fact that RCN is the only real player in the Lehigh Valley for high speed internet so they know we are not going anywhere anytime soon?

Wish to heck Fios would build in my area so I could send RCN packing but looks like that will never happen.

Meester_Serg

join:2003-07-01
Lancaster, PA

said by Harrington:

Does anyone know the real answer other than the fact that RCN is the only real player in the Lehigh Valley for high speed internet so they know we are not going anywhere anytime soon?

You hit the nail on he head , plus to subsidize the lower prices in other areas that RCN is an overbuilder