how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

VTX1800N1

join:2010-12-06
Mahomet, IL

Here's that blazing MediaCom speed!

Wow, just can't tell you how impressed I am with this!

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

Your ping is better than my ping. :>

I pay for 3mbps service. This is what I get 24/7 for many years.

At least mine is frustration free and I pay $33.99 a month. What a concept, getting what you pay for...

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to VTX1800N1

Hi VTX, I'm very sorry to hear this! I have your account information on hand I have been working with my local supervisors on getting the answers to this. It appears that utilization had been addressed, but it is obviously has reoccurred and is affecting speeds heavily. Notations on your accounts show that you have called in several times on this as well, without any real answers- that's unfortunate and I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you. I'll be working on this, and I will get in touch with whomever I need to in order to make certain we get this fixed for you permanently.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by MediacomChad:

Notations on your accounts show that you have called in several times on this as well, without any real answers- that's unfortunate

Unfortunate yes but certainly not unusual for Mediacom customers.

Mediacom Chad, this is NOT an isolated case. This forum is FULL of customers calling out for help constantly. The forum is also full of your apologys to Mediacom customers.

You seem to be really trying to help customers and are to be commended. Unfortunately the rest of your company is doing a very poor job.

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by Lazy Senior:

said by MediacomChad:

Notations on your accounts show that you have called in several times on this as well, without any real answers- that's unfortunate

Unfortunate yes but certainly not unusual for Mediacom customers.

Mediacom Chad, this is NOT an isolated case. This forum is FULL of customers calling out for help constantly. The forum is also full of your apologys to Mediacom customers.

You seem to be really trying to help customers and are to be commended. Unfortunately the rest of your company is doing a very poor job.

You also have a lot of people on here that aren't willing to work things out either. They seem to think a magic wand can be waved and issues fixed. Things take time to get fixed.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
reply to Lazy Senior

No frustration here

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Lazy Senior

The service is working for a lot of us. There just is no reason for us to post it. I hope Chad get the OP's issue fixed.

Here is my speed test from tonight for 15/1 VIP service:

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
reply to Anonymous

What do you have for speed?
I have 12/1 Mb

Do you have 15 and the upload isn't boosted?

Klarth

join:2005-09-16
Oronogo, MO
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lazy Senior

Yep, there's no MediaCom problems anywhere, check out my super typical everyone-definitely-doing-this-well no-shills-here results that every MediaCom user in the world has and you'd be silly to argue otherwise

minimeme

@charter.com

F-

now that's low!!

Juneau

@mchsi.com
reply to Klarth

So get it fixed. Or even better try some other ISP for your service.

Just because someone else has good service does not make them a shill. Using your logic I could just as easily say you are a shill for any competing service.

Porthos28

join:2011-05-17
Springfield, MO
reply to Klarth

Checking to the same server Klarth used I get these results.

»www.speedtest.net/result/1756920849.png

Klarth

Oronogo, MO
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Juneau

Gee, get it fixed.. gosh, why didn't I think of that? And a different service? I'd love that idea, but shockingly there are no other cable providers in this area (that can be used at this address). Can't use satellite as I rent an apartment, and the local DSL gives even less value for the price than MediaCom.

So you're saying I should just be thankful for what I have? You're right, having good service does not make them a shill. Having good service in a completely different market than the person having problems and posting to say "everything's fine here" doesn't make you a shill, but doesn't add anything to the conversation. Posting in every Mediacom complaint thread to bash the poster as "not getting it fixed" (been 9 months of waiting) or "stop using mediacom" either makes you a shill or just a dipshit, because while there may be some people who just want to complain about a provider without merit, you honestly think that's the case with all of them? And let's be honest, your post really serves no purpose. If you want to white-knight for MediaCom, there's got to be a better venue. People complaining here should be doing so to get MediaCom's (Chad's) attention so it can get resolved.

As I stated in my review, I want to like MediaCom. When (if) it's fixed, I want to be able to come back and update my review, as well as tell other posters who may feel hopeless about their service that it might get better. Giving feedback to nearby users having problems--you know, productive things. What I don't want to do is tell people to "get it fixed" when they've been dealing with subpar service for several months and are obviously trying, or just be an all-around twat to people just trying to get their service repaired.

Expand your moderator at work

Klarth

Oronogo, MO

1 edit

Re: Here's that blazing MediaCom speed!

said by Juneau :

hurr durr

Edit: And the lesson for the day is not to feed the trolls.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
reply to Juneau

C,mon Anon, Mediacom Chad said he had noted Klarth had made several calls about his problem, Klarth HAS been whining locally, it just did not help him. Not a surprise - - this is Mediacom after all.

Why should Klarth have to jump thru hoops to get a problem fixed anyway?? Why does MediacomChad have to fix problems at all?. Why aren't they handled at the local level? Why do customers have to jump and down to get any problem fixed? Why does anyone have to make repeated calls to get somehthing fixed? Why is this forum full of similar complaints?.

It says a lot about Mediacom customer service to even suggest such a remedy. Why can't a customer EXPECT to get a problem fixed after his first call??? Why doesn't Mediacom call the customer back to make sure a problem has been fixed?

For every person complaining here, there are probably 10 customers suffering in silence. They just say the hell with it and cancel.

tlongren

join:2004-01-27
Collins, IA
reply to VTX1800N1

Just wanted to share this:

WellDarn

@mchsi.com
reply to VTX1800N1

That's unfortunate. I haven't seen those kinds of problems so far. Been with Mediacom for over two years.

Well Darn

@mchsi.com
reply to VTX1800N1

So what's the next step?

I don't have the same experience. I've been with Mediacom for two years and had no problems as yet.

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

said by Well Darn :

So what's the next step?

I don't have the same experience. I've been with Mediacom for two years and had no problems as yet.

For you (like me and others), sit back and enjoy [y]our good fortune of having good service. No need to create problems if we don't need to.

CR_Client

join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA
reply to Lazy Senior

said by Lazy Senior:

C,mon Anon, Mediacom Chad said he had noted Klarth had made several calls about his problem, Klarth HAS been whining locally, it just did not help him. Not a surprise - - this is Mediacom after all.

Actually, MediacomChad said that about the OP, VTX1800N1, not about Klarth.

As far as Klarth's problem is concerned, a ping time or 456 ms with horrendous upload and download speeds is NOT indicative of a utilization issue, it's indicative of a serious line or noise problem.

As with most issues, he/she should probably start a separate thread so that it's easier to keep track of which users are getting their issues worked on/resolved and which ones are not, but that's only a suggestion; I know that MediacomChad probably has his own way of tracking customer issues for resolution.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
--Albert Einstein

Klarth

Oronogo, MO
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Chad has already diagnosed it as a over-utilization problem. He also took the liberty of getting 'local' technicians to come check the line for problems, and they agree. During the early morning and afternoon my speeds are near normal, but here's what it looks like right now (sadly this is a good night).

All communication with him is done through PM solely and I already know it's a utilization issue so there's no much point creating a thread to say "hey is anyone else in my location having speed problems?". And again to his credit, he's doing everything he can, but a few "fix" dates have come and gone already... it's just a waiting game. Even today I got another call from a technician offering to come to look at the line, but I explained everything I've said above (and got him to confirm that they are supposedly going to have a fix later this month... maybe) --why have him waste the gas driving from Springfield to Joplin? He said that should fix it, so we'll see...

WellDarn

@mchsi.com

Does any of this have anything to do with the tornado that tore Joplin up last year? I remember when we had a lot of damage down in Texas from one of those it took the cable company many months to get everything back up.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

From what I understand, there was a main fiber line to Joplin that was destroyed. We routed our traffic through another provider for a little while and we're working on moving traffic back to another, higher capacity line.