uniqs
share rss forum feed

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

$70/yr XM Select no addn'l fees

I got a call from XM saying I needed to pay for next year. This is 30 days after my plan expired. I'm on paper billing and they don't have my CC.
I have XM mostly music at the published price.
I said "too expensive cancel the service".
They offered monthly billing, $25 0ff etc. etc.
I suggested a coworker was getting the full package for $70/year.
They said no way.
I said cancel.
They asked if I'd stay for $70/yr for XM Select.
I caved.
$5+/mo for XM Select seems acceptable.
No additional taxes, no extra fees but no Online.
I don't do Online.
Just an fyi.
J

treeman
Premium
join:2000-07-15
Mcgaheysville, VA

I reactivated my service in October got 5 months for 29 dollars, woman told me to call back a couple days before my 5 months was up, whine about price , and I would probably be offered the same deal you got. It's really the only price point I can see, if I was on the road all day, all week, all month and could find a way to write the service off then I probably wouldn't mind the higher cost. But for the amount of time I am driving per day that 70.00 plan would be alright

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

1 recommendation

reply to JimThePCGuy

I have been on the 50% deal for like 5 years now.
You just always go to cancellations and ask for 50%.
You have to demand they throw in the online access as they will try to not give it you anymore.
The 50% has varied anywhere form 70 to $88 over the years. This last year I got $70 w/ online.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to JimThePCGuy

Whoa!
Didn't even know there was a satellite radio forum here! Should've figured as not that long ago I discovered the VoIP (Vonage) forum also.

That price IS just for one radio, right?

From other posters in the Vonage section, I discovered the way to get unlimited US & Canada for $9.99 for life, so may get lucky and find a cheaper way to warrant keeping satellite radio!!

I just recently cancelled one radio, but still have 2. One in vehicle, which is put in suspend mode during the winter as I don't drive that vehicle.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

Yes 1 radio 1 year.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to JimThePCGuy

my renewal is up next month. Either they give me $70 for the year or it goes. I have other alternatives on my unlimited data plan on my iPhone.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to JimThePCGuy

I was getting $20 every three months...I'll see if they can keep it up for another 3. No way in hell it's worth more than that.

Their boss is trying to keep as many subscribers as possible..looks good for all those funds managers who don't realize that SiriusXM have very few users that want to pay full price. (Seeking Alpha)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

i decided to make the call today and beg. Was offered choice two months free, $25 for 5 months (or was it $29 ?) . I cut to the chase and demanded the $70 for a year and got it. I didn't want to play games again in September playing the 5 month game. I won't need to do this again for another year.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

Their boss is trying to keep as many subscribers as possible..looks good for all those funds managers who don't realize that SiriusXM have very few users that want to pay full price.

As much I would like to agree with you, after what I just went through with them, makes me think they could care LESS...

Around the end of last November, I bought a used 2011 Silverado & the dealer offered to activate a 3 month XM free trial on it. Since I already have a SantaFe with a lifetime on it's XM, they had to activate it on it's own account, but with a different billing address & phone#, which I was able to to & was fine with.

So the XM gets shut off a couple weeks ago; I was surprised by this, since XM NEVER tried calling me, OR sending anything in the mail - either during or after the trail period! (they very MUCH did all these things when I bought the SantaFe) I, like many others here, have NO intention of EVER paying current "rack rates" for XM; it's just NOT that important for me to have on a 2nd (lightly used) vehicle.

So I called the regular cust service line & attempted to get it re-activated on one of the many discounts talked about on this, & other on-line forums. The CSR would NOT do SQUAT, on offering ANY discounts whatsoever - other than merging it with my other account & adding it on under regular "added radio" pricing. (hell, they're almost the SAME price as a primary radio now ) Everytime I asked about the many discounts, she just kept repeating "those are ONLY offered randomly by our computer, & there is nothing else I can do for you". So I said thanks for doing nothing & hung up - & now XM, instead of getting SOME $$$ out of me for a little while, gets ZIPPO!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Might be because that account never existed before...I'll be calling them up in a couple weeks before my $20/3 months (all fees and taxes included) comes up. I already got their e-mail.

As it is, I don't listen to enough channels to warrant paying full price, and they took off the stations I used to listen to the most (BBC Radio 1 and Cinemagic) and I refuse to subsidize Stern. MLB and CNN -- both commercial radio on Satellite -- are the ones I listen to the most...if I need to find new music, I'm back to the OTA locals, which, oddly enough, have way better DJ's running the show. It was funny, listening to the radio the other days, and I thought, SiriusXM finally got a good crew in...then they mentioned what was going on locally, I realized it had changed to a local station..go figure.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

blasterguam

@comcast.net
reply to JimThePCGuy

Just tried to renew a few minutes ago, and they wanted to charge me $183 (plus fees). I told them no way, as I was paying a total of $77 plus fees last year, so it made no sense to pay double that amount. She lowered the amount to $85 and said it is good for a year only. I told her the most I was willing to pay was a total bill of $100, which would probably be about $79-$79 plus fees. She said she couldn't do it for that, so I just cancelled. I like XM, but not that much to pay over $100 a year for a service I use only an hour a week on average. (I work out of the country most of the time). The fees are getting too high for me to justify keeping the service when I can get 95% of it OTA anyway.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to JimThePCGuy

Yeah...they got back to me too...$82 all fee's. That is if I can get two years.