uniqs

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ShawSean

to ShawSean

Re: Introducing Shaw EXO

said by ShawSean:

I already have some good news for current/future Super Channel and Movie Central customers with our Shaw EXO release.

I just got word today that we've already added HD content for our Super Channel TV series lineup and soon to be adding Movie Central on Demand content as well. This will launch in our Vancouver and Calgary markets initially with other cities over the coming months.

I'll do my best to keep you guys updated when other cities become available.

Cheers.

I am confused, do we still have to pay the outrageous expensive $17 monthly fee for each set of channels?

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@pkarlos_76 - In order to receive Movie Central or Super Channel (and on demand services), you'd have to be a current subscriber ($17/month subscription each).

vasistdas
@telus.net

vasistdas

Anon

Can a "teksavvy" guru please explain what upgrades Shaw has done to bring us EXO. My digital phone does not sound and better nor have I seen and new feutures with it. Is it just TV? And if its just TV should I dump OTA and netflix?
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by vasistdas :

Can a "teksavvy" guru please explain what upgrades Shaw has done to bring us EXO. My digital phone does not sound and better nor have I seen and new feutures with it. Is it just TV? And if its just TV should I dump OTA and netflix?

Teksavvy is in another Forum.
Bandito
join:2003-01-23

Bandito to pkarlos_76

to pkarlos_76
said by pkarlos_76:

These are great packages with great benefits and services. Yes they have issues ever now and then but that tends to be in the minority.

I know nothing about this EXO. I read the first post. Can you educate me please how these packages have great benefits and services or provide some a link with comparison? Then again, I found it very difficult to compare Cable Services not only among other providers but within Shaw itself.
bbford8
join:2004-11-14

bbford8 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Why should I get Shaw EXO rather than Telus Optik?

I don't have either but want to switch to a bundle package.

Sell it to me...
classical
join:2003-02-13
ca

classical

^ There's nothing to sell you. Sure, some will probably nitpick this, stating that Shaw recently added this thing or is currently testing that thing, but let's cut through the marketing fluff and talk on the level. None of that adds up to what Shaw is trying to sell, which is that something revolutionary has occurred with its products and services as implied by the introduction of the new moniker. The truth is, this isn't the broad and sweeping game changer that Shaw is making it out to be.

It's Shaw with a new suffix. As pretty as it may be.

bobr1941
@shawcable.net

bobr1941 to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
Called Shaw yesterday TV shows only available after 24 hours if you have Gateway
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to classical

to classical
said by classical:

^ There's nothing to sell you. Sure, some will probably nitpick this, stating that Shaw recently added this thing or is currently testing that thing, but let's cut through the marketing fluff and talk on the level. None of that adds up to what Shaw is trying to sell, which is that something revolutionary has occurred with its products and services as implied by the introduction of the new moniker. The truth is, this isn't the broad and sweeping game changer that Shaw is making it out to be.

Really? Unmetered Bandwidth? Very competitive tv packages? Cheap phone?

Telus forum ---> that way

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76

said by Doonz:

said by classical:

Nice response Doonz, I enjoyed reading it.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by pkarlos_76:

said by Doonz:

said by classical:

Nice response Doonz, I enjoyed reading it.

TBH i wasn't sure what I was going to say I Mean I could Compare 250 mbit vs 25ish mbit (depending on how much tv your watching along with your line sync) I mean i coulda pointed out that for 55 bux you get unlimited long distance and 1k minutes overseas. Coulda mention that you would get more tv + higher internet speeds with larger data allowances for less through EXO (BTW wtf does that stand for)

I dunno i figured he just really wanted to be in the telus forum

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Same thing Optik stands for.. not really anything.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by kevinds:

Same thing Optik stands for.. not really anything.

I thought Optik was meant to be a word play on Fiber Optic
Expand your moderator at work

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to Doonz

Premium Member

to Doonz

Re: Introducing Shaw EXO

I thought that as well, until recently, I too believed it was an actual fiber to the home service, because of the name.

I have recently learnt it is not, so the 'word' Optik, has nothing really to do with the service.

redwasp
@hitechplast.co.in

redwasp

Anon

Why is a thread on "Shaw EXO" seemingly turning into a Telus-bashing exercise?

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

I think this is bashing both of them.

Trying to create a buzz words about their products, that really don't mean anything, nor describe their products.

Johnny82
@shawcable.net

Johnny82 to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
for the BB 100 Mbps package was the upload speed always 10Mbps or did they bump it up with this EXO?

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Places with 250 service available, 100 has 10 upload.

If 250 is not available, than the upload on BB100 is 5.

Unless you have a business account.

But for a straight answer to your question, No, this was not part of EXO launch.

-Posted from my phone.

Johnny82
@shawcable.net

Johnny82

Anon

Alright now to wait for 250 to come to calgary then

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds to Johnny82

Premium Member

to Johnny82
Duplicate post.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Here's a interesting article that relates well to this thread. Thought you guys mind find it interesting.

»www.cedmagazine.com/blog ··· branding
ShawSean

ShawSean

Hey guys,

Just wanted to advise the community we're hosting a Live Q&A on Twitter Thursday, March 1 from 2:00-3:00pm MST to discuss what exactly Shaw Exo is and what it means to you (our customers).

To follow the conversation just search for the hashtag #ShawExo during the chat period.

Cheers.
classical
join:2003-02-13
ca

1 edit

classical to Doonz

to Doonz
said by Doonz:

said by classical:

Kind of late in replying. You completely missed the point of my post and perhaps I should've been clearer. I wasn't implying that Shaw is crap and Telus is better. My point was pretty much the same as this:
said by kevinds:

Trying to create a buzz words about their products, that really don't mean anything, nor describe their products.

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War
join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB

XT0RT to ShawSean

to ShawSean
It's marketing manure for uneducated customers that don't know about existing features that they already have. Shaw just did a better job of layering it down really thick.