Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jlavoie5

join:2012-02-06
Oviedo, FL

1 edit

[TV] Samsung and the guide and new shows

Anyone experiencing issues with the Brighthouse guide using the Samsung DVR not recording shows? I have missed a few shows this past week because the guide does not set them as new shows. I called brighthouse support and the service helper said she has the same problem. She just changed her series manager to record all. I do not thing this is an acceptable solution to a very annoying problem. Any ideas?

To clarify: I know the show is new but the guide shows it as a repeat. This has happened to serveral shows (SNL and Idiot abroad:bucket list) this week alone

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
It wouldn't be an issue isolated to just the Samsung as this is determined by the guide data we receive. I have received no other verified reports of this.

jlavoie5

Oviedo, FL
Yeah it is very weird. At first I thought it was just a renaming of a show like Series = Idiot Abroad but they rename show to Idiot Abroad:Bucket list so it stops taping. I went in and made sure both shows were on my list and both set to tape only new shows. If you check the new episodes it will have an original air date set to last year.

jlavoie5

Oviedo, FL
I just checked online with remote dvr and it lists this saturday's show as new. When I get home I am going to find it on box and see if that guide shows it as new. Maybe I will just have to delete a few series and re-add them

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to jlavoie5
Alright let me know how it goes

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

1 edit
My wife has the same problem Gary.... She had shows set, it said they would be recorded, and then they never were. She says she lost 3 shows Monday, House, Alcatraz, Pretty Little Liars. It recorded shows further down on her priority list instead, like Mike and Molly, and 2 Broke Girls (which she watched on the other TV) and was very surprised to see those recorded and NOT the programs she wanted. Prior to this these 2 programs was listed NOT to record and a conflict.

The Samsung doesn't do a GOOD job of logging what or why? The other one we had told us why it wasn't recorded, but not the Samsung.

So today she was annoyed enough to go on an on-line chat. Guy tried to re-boot the device, couldn't and we had to do it manually. He also said there were TWO different s/w versions for the Samsung, and he was sending on over...

Detailed log of the chat :

-------------------
REMOVED
-----------------------
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits
reply to jlavoie5
No Irv she doesn't just by your description above. First of all there were conflict alerts which must be rectified before things work properly. Second it appears she got frustrated (again by your own description) and hit the record button while she was watching that program which used one of the tuners throwing additional conflict into her scheduled recordings and last but not least the issue with the guide... it always stretches in the Samsung.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~