uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Rambo76098

to Rambo76098

Re: att plans

said by Rambo76098:

Because they have the biggest piggy bank to buy more spectrum, and if they have the spectrum, they can prevent a competitor or startup from obtaining it and drawing users away with a better product/service.

there are no new start ups coming own the pike. Spectrum is a limited resource for mobile. Anyone thinking otherwise is being obtuse.
markinect
join:2011-01-20
Lansing, MI

markinect

yes yes yes ....most people around the world still use a feature phone which is why nokia is still the top phone maker.......just wait till 98 percent of people start to use a smartphone...

i just wish they would charge less for limited services than they do for unlimited services.

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to 88615298

to 88615298
Yes, it's limited. But if AT&T is so short on spectrum, how come we aren't seeing widespread issues caused by it? They just had a record quarter with smartphone sales, yet no networks are grinding to a halt nor do I hear anyone with AT&T complaining about data speeds.

My take on it is that is it was really that bad, they would have gotten everything upgraded to HSPA and shut down the EDGE network. But that didn't happen and they skipped onto LTE. Wonder how many more years the EDGE network will be around.

Of course the same could be said about Sprint still operating the Nextel iDen network. Can't believe that dinosaur isn't gone just yet.