dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from outgoing does cost.
jacobslive
Premium Member
join:2007-11-25
San Jose, CA

jacobslive to FarmerBob

Premium Member

to FarmerBob

Re: outgoing does cost.

This will send your Number as caller ID not your name. When I called from VOIPO "California" and my number was displayed at the receivers end, not my "Name" and number.

If your called party can see your name along with your number, then thats a different case. In that case VOIPO gave me wrong information. When I contacted VOIPO they confirmed that they do not transmit caller name, which I found is true in my case.

FarmerBob
join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO

FarmerBob

Got the same confirmation yesterday off a direct trouble ticket that was explained much more than normal. And was told also that they depend on the end provider to supply the rest, name/etc, if they will/can/or do.
jacobslive
Premium Member
join:2007-11-25
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

said by FarmerBob:

Got the same confirmation yesterday off a direct trouble ticket that was explained much more than normal. And was told also that they depend on the end provider to supply the rest, name/etc, if they will/can/or do.

Good for you if it works!

I was told that VOIPO will not transmit name but depends on receivers service provider it will show State/Area/Anonymous/Number etc. but not NAME.

Here is the service ticket they responded:

"Hello,

Outgoing callerID is not supported.
Only the number is sent.

Some carriers may try to show the area the number is registered to.
In such cases, your number will likely show the city or state that the number is from.

---
Kyle Kirchner
VOIPo Support"

FarmerBob
join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO
Calix 716GE-I
Netgear Orbi RBK853
Netgear RAXE500

FarmerBob

said by jacobslive:

Good for you if it works!

I was told that VOIPO will not transmit name but depends on receivers service provider it will show State/Area/Anonymous/Number etc. but not NAME.

Here is the service ticket they responded:

"Hello,

Outgoing callerID is not supported.
Only the number is sent.

Some carriers may try to show the area the number is registered to.
In such cases, your number will likely show the city or state that the number is from.

---
Kyle Kirchner
VOIPo Support"

But it doesn't work. This was the last reply I got:
"Your outbound CallerID settings are available under Beta > Misc.
You will be presented with a drop-down including all the numbers on your account.
You may select whichever number will be sent.

There is an option to mask the CallerID and simply present 'Private', or you may nominate to send nothing at all, which will show 'Unknown'.
These two options are available under the Features tab.

As was previously stated, we only send the number on outbound IDs.
Many carriers will show any name information if they have it on file (many do not).
Most carriers will show where the number is registered to, usually just City or State information.

---
Kyle Kirchner
VOIPo Support"
This is a sub-selection from outgoing does cost.