Maybe we should group some Kris.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Grimm

And as a teen I lived in Carlisle. I'm about two hours south right now. Small world.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Maybe we should group some Kris.

Sure thing. I'll probably pre-order and download tonight.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Wifey is working 2nd shift this weekend so I'll be on pretty much 3-11 p.m. When she's home I get too much aggro and I won't do group related things as groups my suffer as I afk.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I'm in Harrisburg (for now).

I think you're right across the street from me....

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Yeah? Stalker.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to I AM

What's a good video editing program other than the Windows one?

bpoff17

said by I AM:

What's a good video editing program other than the Windows one?

Everyone says Sony Vegas Pro. I have it, but haven't had time to work out the kinks in it.

bpoff17

reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

Yeah? Stalker.

I like those shoes you've got on today.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Yeah? What am I wearing?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I think I just looked you up. Hahaha, you are across the street.

bpoff17

said by Archivis:

I think I just looked you up. Hahaha, you are across the street.

:) Another board lurker actually tipped me off that you were nearby. Home is over in Enola though.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I think we may have worked together at Earthlink too at some point.

bpoff17

said by Archivis:

I think we may have worked together at Earthlink too at some point.

That is also correct!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Archivis

I just realized that we had this conversation like 3 years ago in our PM history.

derp

bpoff17

said by Archivis:

I just realized that we had this conversation like 3 years ago in our PM history.

derp

Doh....

Here's a flashback for you.....

Perhaps it was too much of the stuff Kwito was running around the office at Elink trying to figure out who left their bag of a particular thing in the bathroom?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

And about 150 people who had to double check to make sure it wasn't them.

bpoff17

reply to I AM

The ones that weren't part of the 150 were just in denial

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I remember plenty of nights hanging out at "Wren's" place after a late shift before I got married and watching him get baked and go on his tirades about the planet.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

bpoff17

I understand those were pretty legendary. Unfortunately, I was a day shifter during my time there, so I got mostly the reformers or the casual whackado's. Don't get me wrong, we had our share (Frost, Starr, even little Shadle).

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to bpoff17

Vegas works great.

bpoff17

I liked Vegas, but I was having a problem with getting a separate Audio file to play with previously recorded video. I could add the audio file fine in the Windows Movie Maker, so for the project I was doing I needed speed vs. professionalism.

I'll eventually tackle it again once I get free time.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

bpoff17

said by drew:

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.

Basically, I recorded the audio outside of Vegas, then drag and dropped the audio into the program. Preview didn't play the sound, so I figured I would render it and see what happens. Rendered it, no sound.

I swapped over to Movie Maker, drag and dropped the audio same way as Vegas, previewed, heard everything fine, made the movie and away I went. I never went back to Vegas to try and toy with it, since I got the finished product I needed.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

The only thing wrong with Vegas, really, is that rendering is a giant disaster unless you know a lot about video editting. They've done it a bit better in 10, but you still need to be confident of your choice, ESPECIALLY if you want audio with the video.
--

bpoff17

said by drew:

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those things. Like I said, I was in a short time crunch for it (neighbor kids school project that he waited until the day before it was due to complete, did some googling found Sony Vegas trial and away I went).

I'm guessing they've got some useful how to videos somewhere for it? I'd like to dive more into it, so I can redo some old home movies so I look cooler than I actually was. Audio will be a key part in that!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to drew

I have a recording interface with a pretty decent mic as I use to do recording for fun but I'm too lazy to set it up just for this. I'll see how my headphone mic works. If it sucks I just won't do any voice overs.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Voiceovers are a critical piece of any gameplay video.

Most headsets have decent enough microphones. Setup audacity (free!) and record through that rather than relying on FRAPS to do it.
--

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bpoff17

There's tons of tuts out there for Vegas. I had to use one recently for the multi-camera stuff... That was by far the most complex I've ever had to edit and it was a BLAST
--

bpoff17

Thanks for the info! I'll try to do into this in a few weeks when I've got time between SWTOR and wife