Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
And as a teen I lived in Carlisle. I'm about two hours south right now. Small world.
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

Maybe we should group some Kris.

Sure thing. I'll probably pre-order and download tonight.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Wifey is working 2nd shift this weekend so I'll be on pretty much 3-11 p.m. When she's home I get too much aggro and I won't do group related things as groups my suffer as I afk.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I'm in Harrisburg (for now).

I think you're right across the street from me....

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Yeah? Stalker.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

What's a good video editing program other than the Windows one?
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by I AM:

What's a good video editing program other than the Windows one?

Everyone says Sony Vegas Pro. I have it, but haven't had time to work out the kinks in it.
bpoff17

bpoff17 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Yeah? Stalker.

I like those shoes you've got on today.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Yeah? What am I wearing?
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

I think I just looked you up. Hahaha, you are across the street.
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by Exodus:

I think I just looked you up. Hahaha, you are across the street.

:) Another board lurker actually tipped me off that you were nearby. Home is over in Enola though.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think we may have worked together at Earthlink too at some point.
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by Exodus:

I think we may have worked together at Earthlink too at some point.

That is also correct!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I just realized that we had this conversation like 3 years ago in our PM history.

derp
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by Exodus:

I just realized that we had this conversation like 3 years ago in our PM history.

derp

Doh....

Here's a flashback for you.....

Perhaps it was too much of the stuff Kwito was running around the office at Elink trying to figure out who left their bag of a particular thing in the bathroom?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

And about 150 people who had to double check to make sure it wasn't them.
bpoff17

bpoff17 to I AM

to I AM
The ones that weren't part of the 150 were just in denial

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I remember plenty of nights hanging out at "Wren's" place after a late shift before I got married and watching him get baked and go on his tirades about the planet.
bpoff17

bpoff17

I understand those were pretty legendary. Unfortunately, I was a day shifter during my time there, so I got mostly the reformers or the casual whackado's. Don't get me wrong, we had our share (Frost, Starr, even little Shadle).

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to bpoff17

Premium Member

to bpoff17
Vegas works great.
bpoff17

bpoff17

I liked Vegas, but I was having a problem with getting a separate Audio file to play with previously recorded video. I could add the audio file fine in the Windows Movie Maker, so for the project I was doing I needed speed vs. professionalism.

I'll eventually tackle it again once I get free time.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by drew:

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.

Basically, I recorded the audio outside of Vegas, then drag and dropped the audio into the program. Preview didn't play the sound, so I figured I would render it and see what happens. Rendered it, no sound.

I swapped over to Movie Maker, drag and dropped the audio same way as Vegas, previewed, heard everything fine, made the movie and away I went. I never went back to Vegas to try and toy with it, since I got the finished product I needed.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

The only thing wrong with Vegas, really, is that rendering is a giant disaster unless you know a lot about video editting. They've done it a bit better in 10, but you still need to be confident of your choice, ESPECIALLY if you want audio with the video.
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by drew:

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those things. Like I said, I was in a short time crunch for it (neighbor kids school project that he waited until the day before it was due to complete, did some googling found Sony Vegas trial and away I went).

I'm guessing they've got some useful how to videos somewhere for it? I'd like to dive more into it, so I can redo some old home movies so I look cooler than I actually was. Audio will be a key part in that!

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I have a recording interface with a pretty decent mic as I use to do recording for fun but I'm too lazy to set it up just for this. I'll see how my headphone mic works. If it sucks I just won't do any voice overs.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Voiceovers are a critical piece of any gameplay video.

Most headsets have decent enough microphones. Setup audacity (free!) and record through that rather than relying on FRAPS to do it.
drew

drew to bpoff17

Premium Member

to bpoff17
There's tons of tuts out there for Vegas. I had to use one recently for the multi-camera stuff... That was by far the most complex I've ever had to edit and it was a BLAST
bpoff17

bpoff17

Thanks for the info! I'll try to do into this in a few weeks when I've got time between SWTOR and wife