Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to I AM

Re: [Official] Tera Online Thread

I guess certain things at level cap regarding structured PvP in Tera still confuse me... since I am not level 60 yet

my focus has always been PvP with this game... I enjoy open world adventure and leveling.. at level cap I mainly just want PvP

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

leveling in Tera 1-59 is like basic training, so few bother with pvP.
once you 60 everything you learned on the way up then applies.

at 60 you distinguish yourself with gear, glyphs, mods, crystals,
and how well you use your skills and know the game mechanics.

i'm sorry your pvP enjoyment may seem postponed till 60 as
most players 1-59 are in a rush to 60, not pvP one another.

CORRECTION: the black armor that drops in BG are templetes
you can apply to other t14 gear parts - sorry for any confusion.

TheThing

reply to I AM

watched the BG video, looks interesting

especially the PvE part of it

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits
reply to I AM

GOOD NEWS - UPDATE IS IN NOW - PATCH AND ENJOY

here's my old pvE set with a new template - hope you like it

IAM it seems with better charge speeds and party pvP has made Berserkers the new allstars of battlegrounds!
while everyone is busy with pvP and BAMs etc. they waltz up to enemy and just 1-2 shot them to death... LOL

TheThing

reply to I AM

On September 19th, or maybe it was the 20th

Tera went from 11 servers in the West (USA) down to 3 servers via mergers

one PvP
one PvE
one PvE RP

11 down to 3, doesn't bode well

august was layoffs, now this

rumors are abuzz that tera will soon go F2P or face extinction in the Western market

I did log in to play for a bit today... but with time being so precious I really have none for both GW2 and tera

and after playing GW2, you do notice that Tera's graphics are not as good as GW2

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM

today's update helps new players compete better with veterans;

»tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-note···h-181007

so it's a good time for previous and new players to join up.

there is a free "discovery" guest system now up till level 28,

the game costs $20 or less, and monthly is free since you

can add more time to your subscription with in game gold.

TheThing

LUKE - YOU WILL JOIN THE DARKSIDE

YOU WILL PLAY GW2!

IT IS YOUR DESTINY!

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to I AM

I reactivated and felt like it was a mistake :/

it's so dead now, how do you do battlegrounds anyway?
--
dslreports.com

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to I AM

some minor yet encouraging features added this week...

»tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-note···h-181008

I'm still waiting for a major ktera skill rebalance that should help make my mystic more useful.

here is her top t14 argon queen robe skin (i'm still working on the matching boots and gloves;

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
reply to I AM

TERA NA IS FREE TO PLAY STARTING IN FEBRUARY

»tera.enmasse.com/free

all expired accounts will be reactivated - Q&A is here;

»tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/g···t-699940

my mystic is 160, and i also box a 150 priest for buffing.

UPDATE - TERA EU is ALSO going F2P:

»tera-europe.com/home/news/articl···ure.html

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

OOHHHHH.....Still don't hae time for the grind =/

I heard they changed Zerkers though. And made warriros easier to tank.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to I AM

It's a shame this game didn't do better. I find it better than GW2. Better artwork. Better animations, IMO. Just not crazy about the Unreal engine at all. I suppose marketing and shallow classes hurt it some.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I agree that the combat is better. Just the old MMO formula. I don't have too much time to run endless dungeons.

Pack. Are PvP armor weapons gained differently? That could be interesting.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

pvP gear mostly gives you more pvP specific damage and defense, and the cost of pvP Zyrks (green jewelry socket crystals) has fallen dramatically, so even players in pvE gear manage nicely in pvP. reflect damage got nurfed by half, so there is now less incentive to wear a pvP chest as there was originally. this is why when i upgraded from t13 +9 to t14 +12 gear, i stuck with pvE gear all the way. die hard pvP players do still bother getting conjunct gear which has pvP mods in it, but there is less pvP to pvE gear discrimination as you approach item score of 160 as their used to be around 150. what that means is... months ago if you wanted to get into a 150 gear hard mode instance party, they might turn you away if you had pvP gear on, but now as most statics have gear approaching 160 and fewer players are active, parties are perfectly fine with compromising by taking pvP geared players for instances as long as they know the dungeon mechanics.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Might have to fire it back up. I just don't have ample amount of time to run dungeons.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

you don't really need to. between BG's and Nexus-NT you can get all the gear and gold needed, a few hours a day. BG and NT groups are not terribly selective since they require >5 players, so no one player can really screw things up for everyone, and even losers get something for their time. instances just give you access to top gear, specific gear and recipes, but most of that you can buy with gold you can farm on dailys or dense mob fields. i'm not suggesting the grind is gone, it's just less of a burden than it used to be. the only remaining aggravation to this game is RNG luck and gold needed to masterwork and enchant above +6... but it's probably good to keep something exclusive to the more dedicated players. even +6all t14 players can contribute to most areas of game play.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

What will the F2play restrictions be? Stuck at work can't look at stuff on En Masse.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits

there will be 3 priviledge levels of players;

Elite - people who still have active paid subscription past Jan.

Founder - people who continues past Jan from paid(chronoscroll) to F2P, OR players returning after having bought the game including that first month of play time.

Standard - player starting in Feb, or free trial "discovery" players who now can level their existing characters above 28.

Elites will get half time cooldowns on all instance dungeons (during remaining prepaid months). this is important as the highest value dropping hardmodes are very limited in how often you can enter them. this may also help Elites level up new characters since they wait less time to repeat important gear dropping and experience providing instances. but hey - they did pay for more months, so we gotta give them something, right? Elites can also do double the number of dailys quests, or 20 instead of the usual 10 for everyone else. daily quests give you reputation points used to purchase exclusive items and a moderate amount of gold.

Founders can upgrade to Elites by simply paying for their Monthly subscription - here is the list of other Elite perks;

One flaming halo
Thirty of each of the 4 NPC summon scrolls
One hour boosts for each XP, gold and reputation, refreshed daily
Ten crate keys
One village atlas (allows you fly between ANY pegasus platform)
Increased maximum simultaneous listings on the Broker (50)
Lower taxes for listing and selling items on the broker
Elite mount(TBD)
Double your daily quest limit
Store discount on selected items throughout the En Masse store

The items included with the elite status may not be traded with another character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, here is the difference between a Founder (someone who already bought this now $20 game) and a Normal (someone who has only played for free till 28 and will then play after Jan above 28)

Founders - 8 character slots, Standard is 2 character slots.

Founders - can achieve a "Founder" title, get Terminus Mount, 4x Bank size, 3x Broker listing - when compared to Normals.

in conclusion, you will be able to play this game totally free in February even if you didn't buy the game, with no crippling penelties. however, if you do plan to invest a lot of time in Tera and gear up fast, buying the $20 game to make you a "Founder" helps by allowing you to store and sell more of your crafting, potion, scroll and gear drops. even I don't play enough to bother enjoying any of the Elite perks - so paying the Monthly from Feb on would be reserved only for the most active have no real life players, or those who can afford to spend money on nothing more than additional status items in game.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to I AM

I'll have to check this game out just to see the bounce physics :P

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

said by puppy:

I'll have to check this game out just to see the bounce physics :P

I wonder if you need a dedicated GPU to get the full effect?

:P

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits

no, if you read earlier in this thread, we discussed how all you need is any 2 Core CPU, an old GPU or 2000 integrated GPU or better to play adequately. more GPU power will simply allow you to turn on more graphic effects and play at larger resolutions with more FPS.

I'm playing this game the past 8 Month with little more than a 4 year old 9500GT at full 1080p resolution. my eye candy is minimal and my FPS averages in the 20's, but the game is more than playable even with such a hardware handicap.

I hope to buy a $150-$200 GPU card soon to further enjoy this game, and for when Blade & Soul comes out in March. B&S coming out is probably what got enmasse to make Tera F2P sooner rather than later since many Tera loving players will migrate to B&S because that F2P game will provide a similar fighting control experience (not tab target) and eye candy - without the gear grind.

puppy

join:2010-01-28

Yar... I just (image) googled "blade and soul"... lots of eye candy... who knew lingerie is good armor!

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

B&S will be supported by eye candy and status items, as that is all their cash shop will be selling to players.

Tera uses a similar cash shop strategy;

»store.enmasse.com/store/tera/htm···umes-tab

Tera recently improved it's cash shop system by allowing purchases to be traded and brokered in game to other players. so you could buy a pack of swimsuits for real money, keep the one you like in game, then resell the rest to other players for game gold. this means if you don't have real cash and want a swimsuit, you can still get one from another player with game gold you farmed, or from a few limited time in game events.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Packeteers

said by Packeteers:

no, if you read earlier in this thread, we discussed how all you need is any 2 Core CPU, an old GPU or 2000 integrated GPU or better to play adequately. more GPU power will simply allow you to turn on more graphic effects and play at larger resolutions with more FPS.

I'm playing this game the past 8 Month with little more than a 4 year old 9500GT at full 1080p resolution. my eye candy is minimal and my FPS averages in the 20's, but the game is more than playable even with such a hardware handicap.

I hope to buy a $150-$200 GPU card soon to further enjoy this game, and for when Blade & Soul comes out in March. B&S coming out is probably what got enmasse to make Tera F2P sooner rather than later since many Tera loving players will migrate to B&S because that F2P game will provide a similar fighting control experience (not tab target) and eye candy - without the gear grind.

My PhysX joke didn't play well it seems.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits

OIC - LOL

I guess because i keep most eye candy off i don't really notice it even while playing all female avatars. I'm pretty sure there is some wiggle there, but only enough to look natural, nothing exaggerated or overtly suggestive as this is a family friendly game. it's interesting to note that most prefer "cute" to sexy, so more players roll small elin/popori races, than the sexy human/d.elf/castanics.

B&S will probably have much more gore and sexuality, and get a higher age game rating in US/EU. But it's really the fight control game play that interests me the most about B&S after playing Tera. Once you get used to this type of MMO, there really is no going back to old style tab target and mouse select games.

I did try GW2 over a few weekends, and was very impressed with the variety depth and eye candy (had to turn my gama way up because everything is so dark), but found my avatar control to be tedious when compared to Tera.

TheThing

reply to I AM

Pack, will I AM and myself be considered "Founders" since we purchased the game when it first released? Played/paid for 3-5 months, then quit for 3-4 months?

FFS I don't know If I have enough free time...

GW2+Tera+PoE+LoL+Firefall = dead

My game time officially expired in November when my last chronoscroll ended

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

GW2+Tera+POE+LOL+FIREFALL = Divorced.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to TheThing

yes, anyone who spent money on this game itself and/or later subscription is a Founder, only people with paying active subscriptions after Jan will enjoy Elite perks.

so it's really people totally new to this game who start for free in February that will have a bank/broker limitations - at least until they spend some money to buy the game itself.

a more interesting question for me is if i buy a chronoscroll, apply it to extend my subscription to March, will I then get all the Elite perks during February. I'll post what I learn about it.

TheThing

reply to I AM

truly F2P is what TERA really needed to compete with GW2

GW2 will always have superior open world... while Tera may end up having superior PvP... aka BGs which are not separate from PvE equipment

I will give this a shot again when it goes F2P, at that point let the best game win!

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

I don't think Tera went F2P to compete with GW2, i think they did it to help maintain current player population levels which have remained pretty constant since November. I judge this by the time it takes the ZF Nexus map to close (which requires a hundred or more active World boss killing players to accomplish, and is not scaled to group size as area bosses are in GW2) which has averaged around 40 minutes daily. I think Tera is more worried about losing players to B&S in March.

There is another factor at play most casual fans here may not be aware of; Korean Tera went F2P in November, and as a result is developing more added content and cash shop items to inspire more revenue - so as NA/EU inherites KTera content, more cash generating content will be possible. to be fair to readers here, do not come back for this new content as the lag time between KTera updates and NA updates has grown as enmasse staff has shrunk. we used to get KTera updates here within 2 Months, now it seems to be a 4 Month lag.

»tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/g···Alliance