I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers

Re: [Official] Tera Online Thread

I would pay for a boost to 60. Don't want to level haha.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

2 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

yeah, i wish you could party power level beyond 10 level difference too, like we did in Lineage2.

cash shop items they added to make leveling more efficient include one hour buffs that give you: 2x XP, 2x Gold Drops, 2x Quest Gold Earn, 2x Reputation Earned. Elite players who are still paying the Monthly subscription, get one hour of each buff each day for free, so i usually use mine while doing daily quests. they also added a "world atlas" which makes teleporting between cities and towns a lot faster with no cooldown between moves - again this item is free for Elites, but can be purchases from the cash shop for non subscribers.

this is what i mean when i say cash shop items make your game play more "efficient".

i may get a race change scroll when the price comes down in a few weeks - after looking at the same race backside for the past 7 months, it would be nice to look at something new while playing

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
I knew this was too good to be true. Just got an email that I got charged for 14.99 from digital river.

BULLSHIT!! errr.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

3 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

OIC so auto-renewal was not turned off after F2P kicked in? good to know...
»tera-forums.enmasse.com/ ··· cription
at least you get to enjoy that Crystal Jeweled Lion and another Month of Elite perks
»tera.enmasse.com/news/po ··· led-lion

monchis
Premium Member

monchis

Premium Member

Crystal lion?

It's just very shady that I received an email claiming my subscription has been cancelled. And it really wasn't lol

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
going to give this game another shot

monchis
Premium Member

monchis to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
dude im down to play for a bit i got a bunch of lowbies!!

Are you on valley of the titans?

TheThing

TheThing

I have a 52 slayer, and lowbie lancer

help me look thru this forum dude, i cant remember my server, but its in this forum somewhere

packeteers is gonna be in his glory lol

ill be down to play with you, will be fun

looking forward to some traditional holy trinity mmo tom-foolery
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
99% sure it's VALLEY OF TITANS

my toons are:

Hiltzar and Rinzler

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
this is a good weekend to be a lowbie. there will be easy to kill easter egg dropping lizards randomly spawning on every level map, so while you are grinding you'll be able to get extra goodies.

Caiman egg thieves are dropping bronze, silver, and golden eggs in the world of TERA from Thursday, March 28 at 11:00 a.m. PDT through Monday, April 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT. Find a caiman in the world and defeat it to get your special Easter egg! Eggs contain a variety of goodies like scrolls, masterwork alkahests, and even strongbox keys. Even better, each day you’ll automatically get a trio of bronze, silver, and golden eggs—just for logging in! You can only get one trio of eggs per account, but you can gather more by seeking out the egg thieves.

TheThing

TheThing

I'm in your dead man's guild... but no one is active there

are you on Valley of Titans? are you in an active guild? monchis and I are homeless

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

i play part time on the old pvP Mount Tyranus server, so you are probably better off on VoT, the new pvp server. now that my mystic is 162 there is not much challenge left for me in this game, and grinding another class holds little appeal to me. i should be getting a new graphics card soon, so seeing all the eye candy for the first time may inspire me to play more... i'll keep you posted.

TheThing

TheThing

have you completed all PvP/BG elements of the game... or mainly just PvE elements?

or are they one and the same?

I'm mainly coming back for PVP, and the fact that my PvP ePeen carries over into the open world

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

4 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

well, i had +9all t13 pvP gear for a while, so i spend most of my time pvP'ing. now that i have full +12all t14 pvE gear, i'm going to wait till the graphics card shows up before mastering about half a dozen instance dungeons i have avoided till now because it was so hard to see all the boss actions and environmental mechanics.

the old pvP me; »Re: [Official] Tera Online Thread

the new pvE me; »Re: [Official] Tera Online Thread

I'm just so glad i geared up before F2P started... the high end gear economy is crazy now with in game gold nearly worthless, and masterwork luck was not improved along with enchanting, so once you hit +9 it can be a long time before you can afford to get your gear any higher. fortunately a skilled player can do pretty much anything in this game with only +9all t14 gear.

TheThing

TheThing

looking forward to playing tonight... i updated it this morning

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
Is it worth playing this game if I just want to do F2P and play solo?

TheThing

TheThing to Packeteers

to Packeteers
pack:

is the "old" you more powerful in PvP? (in PvP gear)

or is the "new" you more powerful in PvP? (in PvE gear)

legit question
TheThing

TheThing to puppy

to puppy
puppy, i plan on mostly going solo as well bud... but i think pack would answer that question best
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
PACK, IN THE END, IS THIS GAME WORTH PUTTING TIME INTO, NOW IN ITS F2P STATE?

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

don't let my bitching about the game economy scare you - sure it's worth playing, just don't expect to get top gear as quickly as you hit 60. i'm a healer so pvP gear was not as critical to pvP as it may be to a damage dealer. also, they nerfed reflect damage around the time i went t14, so the one modifier i had benefited the most on my t13 pvP gear did not matter anymore. also conjunct gear was improved and is now considered a great pvp/pve hybrid set, so it's your most affordable option if you are in a guild that can help you get all the parts together.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
I just started playing a couple weeks ago and am having fun so far. The only pain is the 2 character cap on each server for F2P as it makes it a bit harder to try out the different classes and races. Nice graphics, quest mobs respawn quickly, and the storyline is decent[so far as have only gotten 1 toon off newbie island at the moment]. Plan to solo a few toons to max on PvE so can learn the in and outs before rerolling on a PvP server. Would say that it is definitely worth checking out as there is no charge and you are not out anything, except time, if you find you do not like it.