Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Samgee

Re: [TV] Downgrade package and outlets. Charged fee

said by Samgee:

said by amd64now:

No, the tech didnt give a receipt. I hope this doesnt happen.

Happened to me. I was given a free year with a new home purchase and at the end of that time I decided to cancel my cable. Tech came out to disconnect and took the equipment with him.

Was charged for 2 months after that, calling each time to explain that I had cancelled cable and to refund my account. After the second call I was told I would continue to be charged until I returned the equipment. I told them the tech took it with him, they said they don't have record of it and that I would be charged some $300 for the 2 boxes.

So they give me some $1500 worth of free cable, internet and home phone as a good will gesture to win over a new customer and then threaten to charge me $300 for equipment their people don't keep track of. After explaining this logic to a supervisor he cleared the equipment off my account and credited me for the months I was wrongly charged.

Didn't stop me from cancelling the rest of my services in time. What a stupid company.

That credit shit needs to be banned. If a company forks me over damn if I want credit I want to cancel I'll just cancel everything. No reason they should be able to hold money like that and you did not owe them that money.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2
said by TOPDAWG:

That credit shit needs to be banned. If a company forks me over damn if I want credit I want to cancel I'll just cancel everything. No reason they should be able to hold money like that and you did not owe them that money.

You mean a company shouldn't be allowed to make mistakes in their favor that provide them with interest free loans?

I wouldn't be surprised if this (all billing errors) happens enough to account for a small percentage of their cash on hand at any time.

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
reply to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by amd64now:

Got my bill today and was charged 49.95 for a downgrade from vip to basic. Tech came and collected rental and made sure I only had one outlet. Is it normal for this charge to downgrade?

Did the tech give you a receipt for the returned rental equipment? If no then you are in for surprise when rogers does an inventory audit and finds no record of you ever returning that equipment. I don't want to scare you or anything just letting you know that you should have returned it to a rogers store and gotten a receipt for it.

It's only ever a problem with technicians picking up equipment when picking up the equipment is not listed to be picked up on the work order. If they have a work order to pick up say your internet modem (you called in to cancel your internet and stopped there, then later that day called in a second time to cancel your cable tv), and you ask them to take your high definition pvr and two digital boxes and it's not on their work order (because the second phone rep didn't create a second work order, or didn't modify the first to include picking up the equipment), that's when equipment gets "lost" and you get charged because it wasn't on the work order.
--
Hello

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
you can always downgrade your outlets then downgrade your package to get around this, or email some head honcho up in head office at rogers cable and have the reps do this to avoid painstakingly billing their clientelle
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to amd64now
said by amd64now:

From the conversation I had with the rep, it seems to be normal
to charge for the visit to disable outlets. I hope yyzlhr is right
for others who want to do this.

I renovated the house and now have 6 outlets plus what I end up putting in the basement. Rogers can kiss my ass if they think they are disconnecting my hard work.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

anon2345

@rogers.com
@elwoodblues won't really matter about how many outlets you have as once they go full digital since you won't get squat without an adapter anyway. and they won't care about disconnecting something you cant use anyway.

@op you were charged the fee because they had to pick up a box on the order. had they just scheduled an outlet downgrade, and you returned the box to a store the system would not have charged you.

of course they should have advised you either way.

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
My advise for anyone to downgrade. Verify if a fee is charged. Right
now, to go to one outlet, you need a visit. Otherwise, you pay extra
outlet fees. I am sure this will change when analog is disabled.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to anon2345
said by anon2345 :

@elwoodblues won't really matter about how many outlets you have as once they go full digital since you won't get squat without an adapter anyway. and they won't care about disconnecting something you cant use anyway.

I cut the cord nearly 4yrs ago, who cares... I'm not going back. I'll always be able to get my fix, it just a matter of how many hoops I have to jump through in order to do so.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......