share rss forum feed

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

3 recommendations

Yawn...

If we must have caps, then I will still object to not being able to use data in ways I wish to, such as tethering. If I am going to pay by the byte, then the data provider shouldn't care what devices use those bytes.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
I can tether my tablet without a problem. Verizon didn't restrict anything on it. Do they disable all of those features on the phones that have caps?

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by Jmartz:

I can tether my tablet without a problem. Verizon didn't restrict anything on it. Do they disable all of those features on the phones that have caps?

You do have the ability to do it, but if you are caught doing it you get pushed into a tethering plan. That plan just charges you more money for the same bytes.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

NYC Girl
Premium
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY
reply to Jmartz
said by Jmartz:

NYC Girl
Premium
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Jmartz
How do you do that without a tethering plan? Is your device jail broken. I am not able to tether unless I have a plan which I currently do with Verizon. I tether my iPhone to my iPad to save 10.00 versus having a separate iPad 3G plan.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to pnh102
They do give you 2GB of extra data for the tethering plans, which comes out to be the same rate as their overage fees, at $10/GB.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Jmartz
said by Jmartz:

is your tablet rooted?